September 30, 2014
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 26th 2006 11:08AM
"A Current Affair": NYC Mayor Bloomberg tried to calm the masses in Queens after Con Ed failed to finish repairs. Bloomberg praised Con Ed for what they had done so far, and the guy behind him was all like, "OMGwhutever." Ahh, that made me giggle. Nice poker face. This led to Jon's Camera Three talk, calling for the use of alternative energy sources. In fact, Camera 3 was an Eco-Camera 3000... Of course, it died halfway through Jon's speech. I like the steam-powered iPod they showed. I was going to make a "hot pocket" joke right here but I've decided against it. I'm lame enough as it is.
by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 27th 2005 3:58PM
That's what Mayor Bloomberg would like, and he joked about it with future Tonight Show host Conan O'Brien (he takes over the show when Leno mercifully retires in 2009). It's not up to O'Brien of course, but it's an interesting concept. The show originated from New York when Johnny Carson first hosted it in the early 60s, and it would certainly give the show an entirely different vibe. Of course, moving away from Burbank means you don't get a lot of the A-list, mainstream stars who live out there. But with Conan taking over, it's going to be a different type of show anyway, so maybe moving back is an option.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Recap: Will Ichabod Free Katrina in Time?
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere Recap: What Happened to Castle?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Best, Worst & Weirdest Moments From Tonight's 'DWTS'
- Lady Antebellum Talks Birthing Babies and Albums
- Norway Funeral Home Refuses To Bury Casey Kasem
- Ben Affleck Talks Marriage, Children & 'Gone Girl'
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Stars LL Cool J & Chris O'Donnell Promise Action & Romance for Season 6
- More From ET