by Annie Wu, posted Jul 26th 2006 11:08AM
"A Current Affair": NYC Mayor Bloomberg tried to calm the masses in Queens after Con Ed failed to finish repairs. Bloomberg praised Con Ed for what they had done so far, and the guy behind him was all like, "OMGwhutever." Ahh, that made me giggle. Nice poker face. This led to Jon's Camera Three talk, calling for the use of alternative energy sources. In fact, Camera 3 was an Eco-Camera 3000... Of course, it died halfway through Jon's speech. I like the steam-powered iPod they showed. I was going to make a "hot pocket" joke right here but I've decided against it. I'm lame enough as it is.
by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 27th 2005 3:58PM
That's what Mayor Bloomberg would like, and he joked about it with future Tonight Show host Conan O'Brien (he takes over the show when Leno mercifully retires in 2009). It's not up to O'Brien of course, but it's an interesting concept. The show originated from New York when Johnny Carson first hosted it in the early 60s, and it would certainly give the show an entirely different vibe. Of course, moving away from Burbank means you don't get a lot of the A-list, mainstream stars who live out there. But with Conan taking over, it's going to be a different type of show anyway, so maybe moving back is an option.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grimm': 17 Nasty Surprises from 'The Stories We Tell Our Young'
- The Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Spark in the Park'
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'NCIS' Season 11 Episode Photos
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Episode 10 Photos: Mike Peterson Returns to Fight Against Centipede
- More From BuddyTV
- Paul Rudd hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Kristen Wiig, Fred Armisen, Will Ferrell and 'Anchorman' cast stop by
- Watch 'Downton Abbey's' Season 4 Christmas special trailer
- 'Haven' recap: Audrey and the Troubles go dark in 'When the Bough Breaks'
- 'Cupcake Wars': Justin Willman offers 'Comedy Cupcakes' cheer for the holidays
- FOX's 'Gotham' might star a 10-year-old Bruce Wayne
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More
- Reality Check: Breaking Down The Voice's Final 5! Plus: Alex & Sierra's X Factor Supremacy
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from The Walking Dead, Grey's, Sons of Anarchy and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Audra McDonald
- Ratings: Shark Tank Draws All-Time High Audience, Bones, Grimm and Dracula Rise
- More From TVLine