April 24, 2015
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 26th 2006 11:08AM
"A Current Affair": NYC Mayor Bloomberg tried to calm the masses in Queens after Con Ed failed to finish repairs. Bloomberg praised Con Ed for what they had done so far, and the guy behind him was all like, "OMGwhutever." Ahh, that made me giggle. Nice poker face. This led to Jon's Camera Three talk, calling for the use of alternative energy sources. In fact, Camera 3 was an Eco-Camera 3000... Of course, it died halfway through Jon's speech. I like the steam-powered iPod they showed. I was going to make a "hot pocket" joke right here but I've decided against it. I'm lame enough as it is.
by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 27th 2005 3:58PM
That's what Mayor Bloomberg would like, and he joked about it with future Tonight Show host Conan O'Brien (he takes over the show when Leno mercifully retires in 2009). It's not up to O'Brien of course, but it's an interesting concept. The show originated from New York when Johnny Carson first hosted it in the early 60s, and it would certainly give the show an entirely different vibe. Of course, moving away from Burbank means you don't get a lot of the A-list, mainstream stars who live out there. But with Conan taking over, it's going to be a different type of show anyway, so maybe moving back is an option.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- TVLine Items: ER Doc Meets the Dome, Luke/Laura Reunion and More
- Scandal Blind Item: Olivia to Hire New Gladiator (It's Someone We've Met!)
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, Once, The Flash, Big Bang, SVU/P.D., POI, Originals, Stalker and More
- More From TVLine
- New 'Harry Potter' Fan Theory Suggests Maybe the Dursleys Weren't So Bad After All
- 8 Things Bruce Jenner Said About the Price of Fame, From 1976 to Now
- Chrissy Teigen Is Anti-Photoshop: 'We Forgot What Normal People Look Like Now'
- Robert Downey Jr. Shares First Picture of Daughter Avri
- 11 Perks of Being the Second Royal Baby
- More From ET