"I didn't think you had it in you. And I mean that." - Roger, trying to "compliment" Pete on an ad campaign
Last week I told you that I thought that one of the themes of this show is freedom, and I think in the opening scene of this week's episode solidifies that a little bit more. It's a shot of the neighbors prized birds flying off from the coop, though they return when he has food in his hand. I get that feeling that all the characters are looking for that freedom, or at least a change. Betty wants to go back to modeling, Don might want a new job, and Pete wants Peggy. Maybe. Kinda.
This week's episode was also directed by Freak and Greeks creator/producer/writer Paul Feig, and that makes me perk up a bit. I'm curious to see what he does with a show like Mad Men.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Which Juror Returns and Who Is the Week 10 HoH?
- 'Project Runway' Recap: Metropolitan Mary Kay
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Reunion Part 3 Recap: Who Won the Battle of the Reunion?
- 'Graceland' Recap: What is Paul Planning?
- More From BuddyTV
- Rob Lowe Reveals His Surprising Secret to Staying Young
- Zendaya Shuts Down Twitter Trolls Who Called Her Parents Ugly
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- Rob Kardashian Posts Throwback Picture, Suggests Milkshakes Kicked Off His Weight Gain
- Susan Sarandon & Dr. Phil Fight to Save Richard Glossip From Death Row
- More From ET