The eight-part series is is produced by Kudos Film & Television ('MI-5,' 'Life on Mars') for BBC One and HBO/Cinemax in association with Big Light Productions. It will shoot in Scotland, London and Morocco, and is slated to air on Cinemax in 2012.
Spotnitz will executive-produce along with Alison Jackson, Jane Featherstone and Stephen Garrett from Kudos Film & Television and Christopher Aird from the BBC. Eliza Mellor ('Albert Schweitzer,' 'Derek') produces, and SJ Clarkson ('Heroes,' 'Life On Mars') will direct the first two episodes.
According to Deadline, Annable's deal with the show does allow her time to go back to 'Breaking In' if the show gets a Season 2 from Fox.
No details on Annable's new 'House' character have been released, other than that she meets House in prison.
Producers are still looking to cast a replacement for Lisa Edelstein's boss character.
In other casting news ...
Veteran TV and movie actor Melissa George will star on Fox's 'Lie to Me' as a recurring character later this season, Entertainment Weekly reports. She comes off turns on 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'In Treatment,' the latter for which she received a 2008 Golden Globe nomination.
George will play an "Anna Nicole Smith-type" character named Clara Martin, the widow of a murdered billionaire that takes over her husband's business empire.
Melissa George has held assorted roles since then, including Lauren Reed in Alias, Laura in In Treatment, and Dr. Sadie Harris in Grey's Anatomy. These were great, but I don't think she's really found her place in TV history yet. But maybe that will change soon, because she's just nabbed the female lead in the CBS drama pilot US Attorney.
(S05E12) "You're wearing an alarmingly high pony tail." - Derek
At the most simplified level, Dunn is right, you know - a doctor isn't really that different than a serial killer. They both get to choose who dies. A doctor is likely driven by science while a serial killer gets his marching orders from a little voice in his head, but they're both making choices; doing what they think is the right move. Eric Stoltz has thus far been a shining point this season. William Dunn is one of the better characters we've seen on Grey's Anatomy in a while and I'm glad he'll be around for at least one more week.
Usually, we get a few weeks warning before a major character leaves a series. But this time, we get about four days to prepare. As reported by Ausiello and many other entertainment media today, actress Brooke Smith is leaving the ABC hit series this Thursday. To learn more about her departure and what other tweaks the network asked the show to make, continue reading.
She's being positioned as a possible love interest for one of Seattle Grace's other two female-loving females, Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez) or Erica Hahn (Brooke Smith), who first locked lips in last year's season finale.
No word on exactly how long she'll stick around, but EW's sources suggest it'll be a while.
(S01E01) "I'm not dangerous, at least not to you." - Laura
After watching the premiere of In Treatment, I am only sure of one thing. I do not have the patience to be a therapist.
I was really distracted during the first half of the show because I couldn't figure out why none of my nerd friends told me that Eliza Dushku was on this show. That confusion eventually subsided when I realized that it was Melissa George with brown hair. I guess when you're a cat burglar or a spy you have to be blonde, but when you're troubled young waif, it's best to be brunette.
The network has picked up a one-hour comedy from producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason (Designing Women) called 12 Miles Of Bad Road. The show will star Lily Tomlin as the matriarch of a rich Texas family. Add in the family real estate business and a collection of relatives and hilarity will ensue, hopefully. The idea almost sounds like a Dallas spoof. With Tomlin on board, it will certainly be worth a look. Look for Gary Cole, Mary Kay Place, and Leslie Jordan to also appear.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Rossi's Past Collides With His Present
- More From BuddyTV
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET