The eight-part series is is produced by Kudos Film & Television ('MI-5,' 'Life on Mars') for BBC One and HBO/Cinemax in association with Big Light Productions. It will shoot in Scotland, London and Morocco, and is slated to air on Cinemax in 2012.
Spotnitz will executive-produce along with Alison Jackson, Jane Featherstone and Stephen Garrett from Kudos Film & Television and Christopher Aird from the BBC. Eliza Mellor ('Albert Schweitzer,' 'Derek') produces, and SJ Clarkson ('Heroes,' 'Life On Mars') will direct the first two episodes.
According to Deadline, Annable's deal with the show does allow her time to go back to 'Breaking In' if the show gets a Season 2 from Fox.
No details on Annable's new 'House' character have been released, other than that she meets House in prison.
Producers are still looking to cast a replacement for Lisa Edelstein's boss character.
In other casting news ...
Veteran TV and movie actor Melissa George will star on Fox's 'Lie to Me' as a recurring character later this season, Entertainment Weekly reports. She comes off turns on 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'In Treatment,' the latter for which she received a 2008 Golden Globe nomination.
George will play an "Anna Nicole Smith-type" character named Clara Martin, the widow of a murdered billionaire that takes over her husband's business empire.
Melissa George has held assorted roles since then, including Lauren Reed in Alias, Laura in In Treatment, and Dr. Sadie Harris in Grey's Anatomy. These were great, but I don't think she's really found her place in TV history yet. But maybe that will change soon, because she's just nabbed the female lead in the CBS drama pilot US Attorney.
(S05E12) "You're wearing an alarmingly high pony tail." - Derek
At the most simplified level, Dunn is right, you know - a doctor isn't really that different than a serial killer. They both get to choose who dies. A doctor is likely driven by science while a serial killer gets his marching orders from a little voice in his head, but they're both making choices; doing what they think is the right move. Eric Stoltz has thus far been a shining point this season. William Dunn is one of the better characters we've seen on Grey's Anatomy in a while and I'm glad he'll be around for at least one more week.
Usually, we get a few weeks warning before a major character leaves a series. But this time, we get about four days to prepare. As reported by Ausiello and many other entertainment media today, actress Brooke Smith is leaving the ABC hit series this Thursday. To learn more about her departure and what other tweaks the network asked the show to make, continue reading.
She's being positioned as a possible love interest for one of Seattle Grace's other two female-loving females, Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez) or Erica Hahn (Brooke Smith), who first locked lips in last year's season finale.
No word on exactly how long she'll stick around, but EW's sources suggest it'll be a while.
(S01E01) "I'm not dangerous, at least not to you." - Laura
After watching the premiere of In Treatment, I am only sure of one thing. I do not have the patience to be a therapist.
I was really distracted during the first half of the show because I couldn't figure out why none of my nerd friends told me that Eliza Dushku was on this show. That confusion eventually subsided when I realized that it was Melissa George with brown hair. I guess when you're a cat burglar or a spy you have to be blonde, but when you're troubled young waif, it's best to be brunette.
The network has picked up a one-hour comedy from producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason (Designing Women) called 12 Miles Of Bad Road. The show will star Lily Tomlin as the matriarch of a rich Texas family. Add in the family real estate business and a collection of relatives and hilarity will ensue, hopefully. The idea almost sounds like a Dallas spoof. With Tomlin on board, it will certainly be worth a look. Look for Gary Cole, Mary Kay Place, and Leslie Jordan to also appear.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Miley Cyrus-Hosted SNL Nets Best Early Numbers Since January
- Quotes of the Week: The Goldbergs, CSI, Masters of Sex, Grey's and More
- Blood & Oil Star Previews New Power Struggles, Secret Affairs in Episode 2
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- More From TVLine
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Naptime Photo with His Baby Daughter
- Joe Jonas And Gigi Hadid Pack on the PDA with Kisses in Paris
- Kris Jenner Chimes In On Possible Names for Kim Kardashian's Baby Boy
- Scott Disick and His Rumored 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Spotted in Miami -- See the Pics!
- Johnny Depp Is ‘Quite Worried' About Daughter Lily-Rose's Fashion Career
- More From ET