"When did you first realize that your beautiful sister loved vajayjay?" she asked. Sara slumped back in her chair and covered her face in embarrassment as Melissa told a few stories about Sara's coming out process. When they were teenagers, Melissa suspected Sara was gay, and took her sister out to dinner to remind her that she could tell her anything. But Sara wasn't ready yet, and told her big sister she wasn't gay.
It's quite a feat for Bateman to have come this far, as the list of former child stars is littered with tales of drug abuse, DUIs, anorexia, obscurity and death. And then there are those who pop up in the news for doing random things, such as Soleil Moon Frye resurrecting Punky Brewster to celebrate her massive Twitter following.
But why dwell on the negative and the bizarre? Here's a list of 10 formerly famous tykes who bucked the odds and emerged from childhood TV stardom -- often after long periods in which they took time off or struggled to find work -- and became famous adults in their own right. We couldn't be more proud.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Some TV firsts: the one-in-25 million, three-way Jeopardy tie, and hardcore porn hosted by Tom Brokaw.
- Reality TV power-couple Rob and Amber were eliminated from The Amazing Race, but promise that their new project is going to blow our minds.
- Little House on the Prairie was cheesy enough without Melissa Gilbert and Patrick Swayze making it into a play.
Little House on the Prairie confounded my young mind on many levels: first of all, I thought the series was an adaptation of the Michael Landon vehicle I Was a Teenage Werewolf, which led me to the erroneous conclusion that all werewolves are farmers. This is not true: most werewolves, like zombies, work in the service industry.
Also, because the show took place in the latter half of the 19th century, I assumed that's when it was filmed, too. It never occurred to me --keep in mind the show began two years before I was born-- that it was a modern show set in the past. I assumed it was a really old show and that anyone involved with it was probably long dead.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms He's Going To Start Making 'The Hateful Eight'
- Sarah Palin Launches Online TV Network Called The 'Sarah Palin Channel'
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Cast Gets Creepy & Crazy In New Poster Series
- 'Lucy' Knocks Out 'Hercules' To Dominate The Weekend Box Office
- 6 Beyonce Pictures That Will Make You Want to Take A Break
- More From ET