Harmonix brought us Guitar Hero and it was good. MTV bought Harmonix and promised more musical delights in the near future and now there is Rock Band. Where GH allowed you to rock the axe, RB expands to allow the entire "band." Peripherals are available to allow a guitarist, bassist, drummer and vocalist to all perform together. And major record labels are promising unprecedented cooperation, including making new music available weekly for the game.
Now, Rocky Mountain News is reporting that a Rock Band TV show may be under consideration at MTV. While nothing official can be reported, MTV senior VP of home entertainment Paul DeGooyer says of it, "we need the right concept, one that looks at how gamers engage with the game." Implications may be, though, that they are trying to find a way to do it without diluting or damaging the Rock Band name.
Who knew that Earl Hickey was such a stud muffin? Before his ex-wife Joy came along six years ago, Earl had an intense three-week relationship with Jessie (played by the excellent Juliette Lewis). While hanging out in the local bar, a pregnant and desperate Joy manages to steal Earl away. Later on, Earl and Joy end up becoming husband and wife.
Cut to the
present, and Jessie, still working in the bail bondsman's offices, still lacking those front teeth, and apparently
still angry over what happened, overhears that Joy never showed up for a traffic court appearance. Jessie decides to
become a bounty hunter in order to bring her in, and trains intensely to the sound of the lost 80's classic,
"Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider. (This show continues to brilliantly use music at key moments.) She also gets
new front teeth to go with her "Dog, the Bounty Hunter" look.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Dark Dynasty'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Charles Torments the Liars
- 'Reign' Episode 2.22 Photos: Mary Risks Everything Even as Francis Feels Betrayed
- 'Nashville' Recap: Has Juliette Gone Completely Off the Rails?
- 'American Idol' Recap: The Top 4 Take Us Home
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Recap: Even Cowgirls Get the Blues — Plus: Guess Who's Back?
- Criminal Minds: Jennifer Love Hewitt Not Returning for Season 11
- American Idol Recap: Thank God Almighty, There's Three at Last!
- Survivor Twist: Viewer Votes Will Decide Next Season's Castaways
- The Mindy Project Cancelled at Fox, But There's a Hulu Twist
- More From TVLine
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Grants Terminally Ill Fan Her Wish
- Adam Levine Sugar-Bombed Outside 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Watch Shaq Take an Epic Spill - and See the Funniest Memes Inspired by It!
- Miley Cyrus Doesn't Like Labels: 'I Am Ready to Love Anyone'
- Chris Brown Goes Hard for 26th Birthday, Falls Off Stage
- More From ET