Johnson admitted that he had "passed through" West Hollywood, and this was Ferguson's reply: "Didn't we all, in the 80s?" Huh? Say what now? The actor and the host then made vague references to the following things:
While talking to Leno, Johnson recounts his one and only shot at Emmy-related glory. In 1985, he was nominated as Best Actor in a Drama for his work on 'Miami Vice.' And he didn't win. It's been 25 years since then, but Don still seems a little irritated. He calls the whole Emmy experience "painful" and "excruciating," while Jay laughs and claps his hands. "I was pissed!" Johnson says.
For one, it's a horse racing drama. You don't get many shows on television set around that world, and while I don't bet on horses or go to races it's always great to see a new world depicted on television. Second, the show is being co-produced by 'Miami Vice' veteran Michael Mann. Farina has been working with Mann since 1981's 'Thief' (Farina is an ex-cop and became an actor on that movie), including the lead in the great 80s series 'Crime Story.'
Farina was also great in 'Buddy Faro.' Remember that show? Another cool series gone way too soon.
Here's a look at the TV desperados who made our hearts melt, in our countdown of TV's Top 20 Bad Boys. -- By Liane Bonin
Sure, there are shows that were my favorites I'd like to see on the list, but those would be personal choices. The only problem I have is where the shows place on the list. For example, is Fraggle Rock really a better show than Spenser: For Hire, Miami Vice, and Kate and Allie (even beyond the fact that it might be an odd show to compare to the other shows in the first place)? Is Facts of Life better than MacGyver?
But in TV land, the sisters were doin' it for themselves and finally getting respect as cops, war nurses and working moms; iconic shows like 'Hill Street Blues,' 'St. Elsewhere' and 'L.A. Law' would forever change (for the better) cop, medical and legal dramas; and no idea was too high concept to fill a primetime spot (time-travelling physicist? check; housewife-turned-CIA op? check; New York City beauty in love with a subterranean monster? check).
The bottom line: They all add up to 10 years of fine channel surfing -- and our awesome list of the 40 best series of the 1980s.
(S02E04) I'm sure you die-hard Burn Notice fans saw it in the first scene. The show has now expanded its yogurt promotion to include the frozen variety. The producer's also have started sharing other uses for yogurt. Next time I have a hangover, I'll try a nice cool tub of Dannon to stop the throbbing.
I was wondering when Nate was going to show up again. More importantly, I was curious whether or not he would still be running scams. At first glance, it would seem that he meant everything he said about making "a few changes." However, as we all know, nothing on this show is ever what it seems, except for Michael's inability to refuse to help those in need.
This week's letter comes from a reader named Elaine and I definitely need any help I can get.
"I'm looking for the name of a TV series that ended with a group of people walking up to a truck and it exploded with someone in it. The show was cancelled a few years ago and I need to know the name or I'm gonna go crazy"
Miami in June is hot. Very hot. On the set of Burn Notice, however, everything is cool. In fact, when I arrive at the Coconut Grove studios where the USA spy drama is shot, I find myself smack dab in the middle of a full-fledged film studio.
The old convention center, where I remember going to an indoor flea market in the late 1970s, has been completely transformed. There are trailers, production offices, standing sets, all geared up and working to bring Burn Notice back for season two.
Television has often been a benchmark of current popular culture. Whether it's clothes, cars or furniture, people have always looked to TV to help them decide how to look and how to live. Here are ten great examples of how TV characters have "helped" us look our best.
Daisy Duke's Daisy Dukes (The Dukes of Hazzard)
No one knew it at the time, but when Catherine Bach slipped on those ultra-short denims, she was making an impression on more than the teenage boys who were watching. Years later, a brand new and very different generation embraced the Daisy Dukes, much to the delight of those teenage boys who were now old enough to know better.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow:
- The Addams Family - Complete Series
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? - Season 4
- Captain N and the New Super Mario World - Complete Series
- DaVinci's Inquest - Season 2
- DuckTales - Vol. 3
- Gilmore Girls - Complete Series and Season 7
- Kenny vs. Spenny - Season 3
- Masters of Horror - Dream Cruise and Season 1,Vol. 3
- Melrose Place - Season 3
- Miami Vice - Complete Series
- Northern Exposure - Complete Series
- Perrry Mason - Season 2, Vol. 2
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? - Treasure Chest Gift Set
- South Park - Christmas Time
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Atlantis SquarePantis
- Tale Spin - Vol. 2
- The Young Ones - Extra Stoopid
- Zorro: Generation Z - Return to the Future
New TV DVDs, on sale tomorrow.
- Bozo's Circus - Bozo The World's Famous Clown
- Captain N and The Adventures of Super Mario Brothers - Complete Series
- Casper: Best of Vol. 1 and Vol. 2
- Gomer Pyle, USMC - Season 2
- Hannah Montana - Vol. 2
- Miami Vice - Season 5
- Monk - Season 5
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Collection: Vol. 11
- The New Adventures of Batman - Complete Series
- The New Adventures of Superman
- Psych - Season 1
- Reno 911 - Season 4
- Spenser: For Hire movies - Ceremony and Pale Kings
Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Ever since the early days, pets have been a staple of many TV shows. Whether they are the star of the show like Cleo from The Peoples Choice or unforgettable supporting pets like Eddie from Frasier, these pets are often the best remembered part of any TV show.
Here is my own personal list of favorite pets. Before you start, I excluded Arnold Ziffel because the Ziffel family insisted he was their son not a pet. Feel free to add your own favorites.
1.Rowdy the stuffed dog (Scrubs)
I admit that having a stuffed dog for a pet is a bit unusual but when you think about it, it's a brilliant idea. He never has to be walked, fed or taken to the vet and he'll never run away. Seeing the hours of fun JD and Turk have with Rowdy makes me want to run to my nearest taxidermist and order myself a mounted hound.
New TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow (a whole bunch!).
- Batman Beyond - Season 3
- Christy - Complete Series
- Deadliest Catch - Season 1
- Garfield and Friends - An Ode To Odie
- JAG - Season 3
- Justice League Unlimited - Season 2
- Kong: The Animated Series - Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 and gift set
- Masters of Horror - Pro Life
- Maude - Season 1
- McHale's Navy - Season 1
- Miami Vice - Season 3 and Season 4
- Mythbusters - Mega Movie Myths
- Newsradio - Final Season
- Run's House - Season 1 and Season 2
- Sleeper Cell - Season 2
- The Wild, Wild West - Season 2
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'ANTM' Recap: A Model Is Welcomed Back, Then Sent Packing Again
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Teams Become Gauchos in Argentina
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- More From BuddyTV
- X-Files @ NY Comic-Con: Chris Carter Reveals Why He Broke Up Mulder and Scully — 'They Had Difficulties'
- Ratings: Reign Returns Low But Steady
- Top TV Werewolves From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Vampire Diaries and More
- Shadowhunters @ NY Comic-Con: Premiere Date, 'Malec' Teases, Possible New Characters and More
- Last Kingdom Video: Rutger Hauer Stars in Downton EPs' New Series
- More From TVLine
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Gigi Hadid and Mom Yolanda Foster Adorably Hold Hands While in NYC With Joe Jonas, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET