September 21, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted May 27th 2009 8:05AM
I wonder if a show like My Boys could survive on network television. Probably not. Nothing to do with the quality of the show, but it seems like the type of show that does better on cable (in a 10:30 time slot) than it would on ABC or NBC, with all that pressure. Last night the guys went to spring training in Arizona (maybe a little late for that, but there you go).
by Jonathan Toomey, posted Apr 14th 2009 6:03PM
Let's just get this out of the way: My Boys isn't a very good show. Calling it mediocre is even going too far. However, I can't be the only one that's watching it, because the TBS sitcom is already a few episodes into its third season. That's right - My Boys has actually been somewhat of a minor success for TBS, partially due to some wise scheduling. Save for the first half of season one, My Boys is always on during the spring and summer months when - surprise - there isn't much else to compete with. The show might not be great, but hey, new TV is better than no TV.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet The Master of 'The Strain': Robin Atkin Downes on How He Came Up with the Distinct Voice
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A New Political Drama with Plenty of Potential
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- Quotes of the Week from Girl Meets World, Sons of Anarchy, Mindy and More
- Can S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Brilliance Trump HYDRA's Magnificence? Lucy Lawless Previews the Season 2 Opener
- Outlander Post Mortem: Sam Heughan Bares All About the Wedding Night
- Outlander Recap: Virgin Territory
- More From TVLine