May 27, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted May 27th 2009 8:05AM
I wonder if a show like My Boys could survive on network television. Probably not. Nothing to do with the quality of the show, but it seems like the type of show that does better on cable (in a 10:30 time slot) than it would on ABC or NBC, with all that pressure. Last night the guys went to spring training in Arizona (maybe a little late for that, but there you go).
by Jonathan Toomey, posted Apr 14th 2009 6:03PM
Let's just get this out of the way: My Boys isn't a very good show. Calling it mediocre is even going too far. However, I can't be the only one that's watching it, because the TBS sitcom is already a few episodes into its third season. That's right - My Boys has actually been somewhat of a minor success for TBS, partially due to some wise scheduling. Save for the first half of season one, My Boys is always on during the spring and summer months when - surprise - there isn't much else to compete with. The show might not be great, but hey, new TV is better than no TV.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Women
- 'Bones' Exclusive Interview: The Writers Talk Brennan and Booth's Future and a Whirlpool Death
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blog: Kupah's Big Meltdown
- Did 'Kardashians' Star Bruce Jenner Undergo Sex Change Surgery?
- 'iZombie' Recap: Major Uncovers a Shocking Secret
- More From BuddyTV
- Summer TV Calendar: Hannibal, Liars, Mistresses, 105+ Other Dates to Save
- Ratings: 5th Grader, Weight Loss and America's Got Talent Return Down
- The Good Wife: Archie Panjabi Doesn't Deny Kalinda/Alicia Scene Was Faked
- Amy Schumer 'Defends' Bill Cosby in Court of Public Opinion — Watch Video
- America's Got Talent Premiere: Howie Shakes Hands & More Big Moments — Plus: Who Got the First Golden Buzzer?
- More From TVLine