July 2, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted May 27th 2009 8:05AM
I wonder if a show like My Boys could survive on network television. Probably not. Nothing to do with the quality of the show, but it seems like the type of show that does better on cable (in a 10:30 time slot) than it would on ABC or NBC, with all that pressure. Last night the guys went to spring training in Arizona (maybe a little late for that, but there you go).
by Jonathan Toomey, posted Apr 14th 2009 6:03PM
Let's just get this out of the way: My Boys isn't a very good show. Calling it mediocre is even going too far. However, I can't be the only one that's watching it, because the TBS sitcom is already a few episodes into its third season. That's right - My Boys has actually been somewhat of a minor success for TBS, partially due to some wise scheduling. Save for the first half of season one, My Boys is always on during the spring and summer months when - surprise - there isn't much else to compete with. The show might not be great, but hey, new TV is better than no TV.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Extant Returns to Series Lows
- Fall TV: Heroes vs. Big Bang vs. Greys, and Thursday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Wet Hot American Summer: See the Star-Packed (NSFW) Trailer & Poster
- Sesame Street Vet 'Maria' to Exit
- Donald Trump's Miss USA Pageant to Air on 'Independent'-Minded Reelz
- More From TVLine
- They Don't Age! Bradley Cooper and Co-Stars Have Never Looked Younger in New 'Wet Hot American Summer' Trailer
- Robin Thicke Says He's Embarrassed By Attempts to Get Paula Patton Back
- Amy Winehouse Documentary Is Both Heartbreaking and Hilarious
- Emma Roberts' 'Top Secret Project' Revealed!
- Donald Trump's Miss USA Pageant Will Air on REELZ
- More From ET