While AOL TV brought to you exclusively last night that 'Community' star Danny Pudi will guest star on an episode of the NBC hit's final season, TVLine is reporting that 'Chuck' is adding a few more famous faces.
David Koechner, also known as 'The Office''s Packer, will guest star as a Buy More manager named Crazy Bob during a company convention that Chuck and Sarah attend. 'The Shield' star Catherine Dent will also hit up the convention as one of Bob's close friends.
'Chuck' returns to NBC Oct. 21 in its new Friday at 8PM ET time slot.
In other TV casting news ...
Since his stint on The O.C. ended, Cassidy appeared in a few movies and The CW series. He played character Cliff Wyatt on the canceled-rather-fast CW series Hidden Palms and guest starred in a multi-episode arc on Smallville as Grant Gabriel, a.k.a. a cloned and aged version of Julian Luthor.
Wonder why, when and how he will depart Privileged? Answers, including tiny spoilers about the series, are coming up after the jump!
(S01E01) In the first five minutes of this show, viewers are treated to a visual definition of the phrase "fish out of water."
I generally don't like any comedy that starts out with the the main character losing everything and starting her life all over again. In a drama, it kind of works that the hero has to go from town to town searching for something she lost. In a comedy, it just means that we'll be spending the next half hour watching the hero say things like, "What did I get myself into?"
TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reports that Hidden Palms' Michael Cassidy landed the role.
Hidden Palms was first slated to be a mid-season show and 13 episodes had been ordered. During production, the show's episode number was lowered to 8 and CW decided to keep it for the summer.
When I first started watching The CW's yet-to-be-scheduled midseason replacement Hidden Palms, the first thing I said was "O.C. RIPOFF!" Then I realized that I'd said it out loud, because I was sitting in a Starbucks watching it on my laptop, trying to look like a writer-type at work. After I mumbled an "Oops, sorry ..." I screwed my earbuds back in and gave it another whirl. After two episodes, I have to say I'm sucked in and want to see more. Curse you, Kevin Williamson.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- 'The Messengers' Premiere Recap: Angels Among Us
- 'Arrow': Our 10 Favorite Roy Harper Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Ming-Na Wen
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- Arrow: 10 Things to Know About the Sexy, Scary Return to Nanda Parbat
- More From TVLine
- David Beckham Insta-Bombs Son Brooklyn's Big Announcement
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- Sofia Vergara Refutes Ex-Fiance's Claims She Wanted Frozen Embryos Destroyed
- Meet Country Music's Next Superstar: Thomas Rhett
- 'Love & Mercy' Trailer Promises You'll Never Listen to the Beach Boys the Same Again
- More From ET