Michael Emerson interview
Executive producers Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, Eddy Kitsis, Adam Horowitz and Liz Sarnoff fielded questions and tried to answer questions about how the show's last episodes will come together -- without leaking any "spoilers." In fact, they took credit for being the show that gave birth to that term.
To digress for a moment, you might ask why a single TV show needs so many "executive producers." The truth is they're writers. Since producers get a fatter check than mere lowly scribes, Hollywood agents make sure their literary clients get that executive producer title attached in the deal memos.
He might play one of the creepiest characters on television, but in real life, Michael Emerson is thoughtful, affable and endearingly intrigued with Ben Linus, his sinister 'Lost' alter ego.
And he's not alone: Ben is one of the most talked about, love-to-hate-him TV villains of all time, and his latest plot to get the Oceanic 6 back to the island from which they fled is revealing more of his devilish, multi-layered mind game each week.
Emerson talked to AOL TV exclusively about getting the island back on track, watching the show on TV to fully grasp where it's headed, who he enjoys acting alongside and why a scene involving cereal sticks out in his mind as a favorite. -- By Maggie Furlong
Michael Emerson, better known as Ben Linus on Lost, sat down with TV Guide's Matt Webb Mitovitch to go over the shocking events of "The Man From Tallahassee," his past career accomplishments, and what lies in store for the rest of the season. Among the highlights:
- The final episodes of Season Three will focus on the "renewed battle of wills between Locke and Ben."
- Fans can expect more "huge" reveals in the remaining episodes.
- Locke's reunion with Cooper will not be dealt with right away, but the issue will come back several episodes later, "with a vengeance."
Michael Emerson recently did an interview with The Trades, and the Lost actor gave his own interpretation of the enigmatic Ben Linus. He also hinted at the possibility of a Ben flashback, and discussed upcoming episode twists. Here's a brief recap of the major points covered in the interview:
- Emerson is currently deciding whether or not to attend his high school reunion. He believes that his fame might overshadow the event, making things "uncomfortable" for his former classmates. How different from Ben, who thrives on making people uncomfortable!
- The actor believes that the Others periodically need "fresh blood" to come to the island in order to preserve their community.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Said She'd Have a Meltdown If '1989' Leaked and It Did
- Iggy Azalea Wants to Collaborate with Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian Dares to Bare at 'Amazing' Vegas Birthday Bash
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- More From ET