Michael Emerson interview
Executive producers Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, Eddy Kitsis, Adam Horowitz and Liz Sarnoff fielded questions and tried to answer questions about how the show's last episodes will come together -- without leaking any "spoilers." In fact, they took credit for being the show that gave birth to that term.
To digress for a moment, you might ask why a single TV show needs so many "executive producers." The truth is they're writers. Since producers get a fatter check than mere lowly scribes, Hollywood agents make sure their literary clients get that executive producer title attached in the deal memos.
He might play one of the creepiest characters on television, but in real life, Michael Emerson is thoughtful, affable and endearingly intrigued with Ben Linus, his sinister 'Lost' alter ego.
And he's not alone: Ben is one of the most talked about, love-to-hate-him TV villains of all time, and his latest plot to get the Oceanic 6 back to the island from which they fled is revealing more of his devilish, multi-layered mind game each week.
Emerson talked to AOL TV exclusively about getting the island back on track, watching the show on TV to fully grasp where it's headed, who he enjoys acting alongside and why a scene involving cereal sticks out in his mind as a favorite. -- By Maggie Furlong
Michael Emerson, better known as Ben Linus on Lost, sat down with TV Guide's Matt Webb Mitovitch to go over the shocking events of "The Man From Tallahassee," his past career accomplishments, and what lies in store for the rest of the season. Among the highlights:
- The final episodes of Season Three will focus on the "renewed battle of wills between Locke and Ben."
- Fans can expect more "huge" reveals in the remaining episodes.
- Locke's reunion with Cooper will not be dealt with right away, but the issue will come back several episodes later, "with a vengeance."
Michael Emerson recently did an interview with The Trades, and the Lost actor gave his own interpretation of the enigmatic Ben Linus. He also hinted at the possibility of a Ben flashback, and discussed upcoming episode twists. Here's a brief recap of the major points covered in the interview:
- Emerson is currently deciding whether or not to attend his high school reunion. He believes that his fame might overshadow the event, making things "uncomfortable" for his former classmates. How different from Ben, who thrives on making people uncomfortable!
- The actor believes that the Others periodically need "fresh blood" to come to the island in order to preserve their community.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Constantine and Shark Tank Rise, H50 Hits Season Highs
- HTGAWM Post Mortem: EP Talks 'Murder Night' Aftermath — 'You Should Be Worried About Everyone'
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Charlie Hunnam
- Hell on Wheels Sneak Peek: Cullen Plots His Escape in Season Finale
- Homeland Enlists Broadway Vet Victoria Clark to Play Key Character
- More From TVLine
- Nene Leakes Uses Cinderella Costume to Spoof Kim Kardashian
- This 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Friends' Mashup Will Make Your Day
- Why Taylor Swift Never Shows Her Belly Button
- Ryan Reynolds Reveals His Father Was Scary
- 6 Surprising Details That Help Explain Why Kendall Jenner Feels Like 'Hannah Montana'
- More From ET