Maybe that's because TV dads never spend much time at work. (We're pretty sure everyone's fathers would sign up for that!) Step into the wonderful make-believe world where every day is Father's Day, and join us as we count down our 20 favorite TV dads.
Mark Landon was the oldest child of 'Little House on the Prairie' star Michael, who adopted the boy after Michael married Mark's mother, Dodie.
Michael Landon, who died in 1991 after a battle with pancreatic cancer, was as prolific a papa off-screen as his Charles Ingalls was on-screen: Landon had nine children with his three wives, including another adopted son; a stepdaughter; another actor son, Michael Landon Jr.; and daughter Leslie, who starred as teacher Etta Plum on 'Little House.'
I didn't know Tim Russert on a personal level. I rarely even saw him in his own element as host of NBC's Meet the Press. However, when he suddenly died last Friday, it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was the fact that he was a huge presence on television, particularly during this year's Presidential election. It made Russert feel like he was a part of the family.
So it has been with many television personalities that have left this earth before their time. It's the intimacy of the industry and the fact that this person has come into our homes night after night, week after week, that the unexpected death of these personalities hits us much harder than, say, movie stars. Unfortunately, there have been a number of these surprising deaths over the last few decades. Here are 12 such deaths that affected millions of television viewers.
The premise for The Beast isn't a typical law and order type. It's like Training Day meets Internal Affairs, only without Denzel Washington and Richard Gere, respectively. Patrick plays an FBI agent who does things his own unique way. He's very good at his job, but rubs people the wrong way. He's asked to train a younger agent, Fimmel, at the same time that Swayze's being dogged by a secret internal affairs team.
Patrick has said this role was a long time coming for him. "I have searched for quite a long time to find a character that is this muti-layered, unpredictable and downright entertaining as well as a project this current and cutting-edged."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following': 15 Shocking Moments from 'The Messenger'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- 'The Bachelor: After the Final Rose' Recap: Is the Couple Still Together?
- 'Intelligence' Recap: A Paralyzing Agent Hits Too Close to Home
- 'Bates Motel' Recap: A Drug War Begins
- More From BuddyTV
- Terry Crews: 'I'm game' for Marvel's 'Luke Cage' Netflix series
- 'The Following' Season 2, episode 8: Why was the big twist revealed before 'The Messenger' aired?
- 'Doctor Who': Is a major villain returning in Season 8?
- 'WWE Raw' March 10 recap: Daniel Bryan's #OccupyRAW gets him a 'Wrestlemania' match
- 'Star-Crossed' Season 1, episode 4 recap: 'And Left No Friendly Drop'
- More From Zap2it
- The Bachelor Finale: Who 'Won'? Why Was Juan Pablo Glum? And Who's the New Bachelorette?
- Teen Wolf Recap: 'Chaos Has Come Again'
- Do You Believe In NBC's Supernatural Drama?
- The Voice Recap: Maybe Just One More Try?
- Pilot News: Alana De La Garza, Gabourey Sidibe, American Dreams Dad Among Latest Castings
- More From TVLine