January 26, 2015
by Kristin Sample, posted Dec 12th 2007 9:21AM
(S01E12) Look at this picture. Why did they leave poor Rebecca out? Is it because the little harlot cheated on precious Jaime? I thought perhaps the picture was just supposed to be the groom's family but that doesn't explain why Ellis Samuels is there.
Okay, I'm sidetracking already. But, I'm finished now. Cane was very dramatic and action-packed tonight. At 9 p.m. we had a hurricane and at 10 p.m. we had a huge fire in the cane fields. The Duques just can't catch a break.
by Kristin Sample, posted Oct 24th 2007 12:27PM
(S01E05) Last night on Cane things continued to heat up for Alex Vega. He had some close calls with the law. How much longer can he cover his tracks with his involvement in Quinones's murder? Plus, Senator Barnes had to resign because he was found with a male hooker. (Is that the right term? I think Joe Samuels helped would say so.) Guess there's no ethanol deal. Bad news for Alex. Good news for Cane fans. We get to watch him try to clean up this fine mess.
by Kristin Sample, posted Oct 17th 2007 6:08PM
(S01E04) I was pleasantly surprised yet again this week by last night's Cane. The narrative is really starting to gel in both the overarching plot of the season and within individual episodes. Maybe it's wishful thinking but this show could be the Dynasty or Dallas I have been waiting for. Okay, maybe that assessment was premature (I don't want to put that kind of pressure on the Smits), but this episode was great. The show is finally doing a good job of balancing the all the different storylines and making most, if not all, the characters interesting in their own right. For awhile there, it was just Jimmy Smits and his interactions with everyone else.
by Kristin Sample, posted Oct 10th 2007 10:36AM
(S01E03) So I was beginning to have really mixed feelings about this show. I loved the classic themes and plots which allow for so many storylines and conflicts. And of course, no one can argue with this ensemble cast. But I felt like the story wasn't pulling me in and Alex's character wasn't believable or appealing. (I know it's TV so "believable" is a huge demand, but I mean that brand of TV believable.) I watched last week and had this sense that something was just missing. Maybe it has too many characters. Maybe it has too many storylines. Maybe CBS keeps these storylines a little too PG for a show that's slated for 10 p.m. (HBO could turn this plot and this cast into the just-can't-miss-it television that populates the Sunday night time slots.) But tonight, all my mixed feelings about Cane started to disappear...
by Kristin Sample, posted Oct 3rd 2007 8:18AM
(S01E02) Last night on Cane Alex started his new position as the head of the Duque rum and sugar empire but things aren't business as usual: Alex continued to deal with brewing opposition from his "brother" Frank and had to clean up some loose ends from the murder of Quinones.
Some people might say that this show is just Dallas remixed but I love me some classic rich family drama (this drama is spicier because it includes Jimmy Smits and an array of nice suits). Smits certainly makes a good front man for this cast which also includes Hector Elizondo and the incomparable Rita Moreno.
For more on last night's episode, click continue reading below.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 2015 SAG Awards: Red Carpet Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': Can Katrina Be Trusted?
- Giveaway: Enter to Win 'The Originals: The Rise' Signed Copy and More!
- 'Supernatural' Video Interviews: Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Felicia Day Tease Charlie's Return
- 'Jane the Virgin' Interview: EP Jennie Urman Teases Baby's Birth, Bromance and Continued Love Triangle
- More From BuddyTV
- David Tennant Joins Jessica Jones Series as the Marvel Villain Kilgrave
- TVLine Items: Full House Reunion Video, DirecTV Premiere Dates & More
- Fox Developing X-Men TV Series: What/Who Should It Be About?
- Parks and Rec Sneak Peek: Andy Shows Off Johnny Karate's Serious Side
- Ratings: Miss Universe Hits 5-Year High; Galavant, Resurrection Finales Rise
- More From TVLine
- Emma Watson Cast as Belle in 'Beauty and The Beast': 7 Reasons She's Perfect!
- Kate Middleton Is the Latest Victim of a Photoshop Fail
- EXCLUSIVE 'Glee' Sneak Peek: Get Ready For Bad Blood and Elevator Escapades With Klaine!
- 'Full House' Cast Reunites, Performs the Theme Song!
- Nick Offerman Is Barely Recognizable Without His Mustache
- More From ET