Betty (America Ferrera) got off quite a few clever retorts of her own, and how could we not include her boss (and mate for life?) Daniel Meade (Eric Mabius), who often opened his mouth without thinking, to hilarious results. Or what about her always-fabulous nephew, Justin (Marc Indelicato)?
In honor of tomorrow night's series finale (10PM ET on ABC), we count down 20 of 'Ugly Betty's' best zingers.
After this week, 'Betty' will go on hiatus -- but not before AOL TV was able to snag an exclusive on-set visit.
So what's it like to spend a day with the cast? Read through our gallery to find out what to expect when the show returns, how the move to New York has changed filming and why Becki Newton's first Manhattan apartment was so horrific.
Bring Cliff back - It's nice to see Marc do something besides taunt Betty or do Wili's bidding. Season one's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" proved that Marc has a heart, and his relationship with Cliff continued to explore that sensitive side. Marc found love by looking beyond surface beauty, which is what the show is all about. The post-strike episodes favored Betty's love triangle at the expense of the other characters' relationships. Why have so many well-written relationships if you're only going to focus on one or two? The fantastic ensemble cast had better get more screen time in season three.
There hasn't been a new episode of Ugly Betty since January. Can you believe it? If you're like me, and need a refresher course on all things Meade and Suarez, ABC.com has a few options available. Fashion TV's rhyming reporter, Suzuki St. Pierre, summarizes the first two seasons in a four-minute video. I had forgotten how much had happened in the last few Betty episodes.
Even more entertaining is the show's first video podcast, led by co-stars Michael Urie and Becki Newton (Marc and Amanda). In addition to recording a hilarious song about season two's storylines, the actors interviewed Jeff Beal, the show's composer. Beal discussed his professional background and told some of the stories behind fans' favorite original Betty songs. The podcast can also be downloaded for free on iTunes.
It's tough to shine on-screen when one's partner is often the ultra-glamorous superstar Vanessa L. Williams, but Urie manages to hold his own just fine. Dare I say it, he even manages to outshine her every once in a while. I guess the folks at TLC saw something in him too, because he will soon be on the channel as the host of their new reality show, Miss America: Reality Check (premiering January).
(S01E22) Before we get started, I need to get something out of the way.
"A boy like that. He'll kill your brother."
Who wants to live in America? Rita Moreno does! I'm just one big fag haggis experiencing her inner theater queen. We all know that there's a Betty musical episode in the works, but I think we might be in for a preview next week. The episode is called "East Side Story," guest stars Kristin Chenoweth and is timed perfectly for Justin to save the day for middle school-aged thespians everywhere. Until then, let us reflect on tonight's mystical Mexico tour.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- J.K. Simmons Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Report: E! Docuseries Will Capture Bruce Jenner's Transition to Woman
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- More From TVLine
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Reportedly Placed on Ventilator, Drug Overdose Suspected (Updated)
- Justin Timberlake Is 'Getting the Greatest Gift Ever': A Baby
- Star Sightings
- Helen Mirren, Jerry Seinfeld & Tom Hanks Ride the Subway -- Just Like You
- These 15 Seconds of Neil Patrick Harris Will Make You Excited for His Variety Show
- More From ET