Back before Micky Dolenz the actor played Micky Dolenz of the made-for-television band The Monkees, he was known as Mickey Braddock, child actor. Oh yes, ten years before he joined Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones, and Peter Tork in one of the most popular shows of the late 1960's, Micky had a television career of his own, starring in the series Circus Boy, where he portrayed Corky, a 12-year-old boy who's adopted by a travel ling circus. He also starred in a number of commercials, including a few for Kellogg's cereals. Who knew that, a decade later, he would be shilling for the same cereal company on The Monkees.
For your viewing enjoyment I include samples of both the younger and older versions of Micky in Kellogg's cereal adds. In the first one, filmed in 1956, he promotes the always-healthy Sugar Pops, and in the second, made 10 years later, he promotes Rice Krispies. Even though a number of years have passed between the two commercials you can definitely see older Micky's mannerisms in the younger version of himself.
You'll be able to find the videos after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Found! Lupita Nyong'o's Stolen $150K Oscar Gown Returned to Scene of the Crime
- 'Looking' Cast Reveal Whether They Have More Sex Than Their Character
- Ronda Rousey On Her Big UFC Fight and Making 'Furious 7' With Paul Walker
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Super Skinny Selfie: 'People Love to Call Me the Fat One'
- NKOTB's Jonathan Knight on Being Outed and How 'The Amazing Race' Helped His Anxiety
- More From ET