Back before Micky Dolenz the actor played Micky Dolenz of the made-for-television band The Monkees, he was known as Mickey Braddock, child actor. Oh yes, ten years before he joined Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones, and Peter Tork in one of the most popular shows of the late 1960's, Micky had a television career of his own, starring in the series Circus Boy, where he portrayed Corky, a 12-year-old boy who's adopted by a travel ling circus. He also starred in a number of commercials, including a few for Kellogg's cereals. Who knew that, a decade later, he would be shilling for the same cereal company on The Monkees.
For your viewing enjoyment I include samples of both the younger and older versions of Micky in Kellogg's cereal adds. In the first one, filmed in 1956, he promotes the always-healthy Sugar Pops, and in the second, made 10 years later, he promotes Rice Krispies. Even though a number of years have passed between the two commercials you can definitely see older Micky's mannerisms in the younger version of himself.
You'll be able to find the videos after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer on Cheating Husband: He's 'Dead' to Me
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Takes a Trip Down Memory Lane
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: A Happy Couple and a Broken Heart
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway' Season 14
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Carly Undergoes Surgery
- More From BuddyTV
- Ashlee Simpson's Husband Evan Ross Shares Intimate Wedding Photos
- Kim Kardashian Gets Defensive With Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Bash Us On Your Way Up'
- 'Butt Day!' Kate Upton Bares Her Entire Backside in Sheer Dress
- Star Sightings July 2015
- Tom Cruise Goes All Out Against Jimmy Fallon in Amazing Lip Sync Battle
- More From ET