When his cab didn't show up, and in fact no other cabs were showing up either, the Rolls pulled up and it was 50 Cent. Rourke wasn't clear if 50 showed up intending to give him a ride, or if he just happened to be in the area. Jimmy Kimmel wondered if it wasn't indicative that perhaps 50 was stalking him.
He did, after all, happen to mention that he was intending to remake one of Rourke's more obscure movies. Maybe 50 made all the cabs disappear, too, just so he could give Rourke that ride.
The honors from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which some consider a precursor to the Oscars, will be broadcast live on NBC from the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sun., Jan. 17, 8PM ET. This year's telecast will also air live on the West Coast, beginning at 5PM.
Berry, Farrell and Fox join the previously announced Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts and Mickey Rourke on the growing roster of award presenters. In addition (and as also previously announced), the coveted Cecil B. DeMille Award for career achievement will be presented by Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio to Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese.
First, wrestling has its own cult following with a myriad of websites and news sources that cover it exclusively. Anything done on a television website would seem redundant. Secondly, despite the ratings, mainstream television has never taken wrestling seriously. Wrestling is a carnival atmosphere that blurs the line between fantasy and reality and is difficult to treat with dignity and respect for those who don't understand it.
So, I ask of you: do you think more television websites should cover wrestling?
- By now, there's a good chance you've seen Watchmen. Alan Moore, who wrote the graphic novel, never wanted the movie to be made, because in his eyes, it is "unfilmable." Cinematical discusses when a faithful adaptation turns into a bad adaptation.
- Hey, have you ever wanted to be on a movie poster? Apparently, all it takes now is to comment on a trailer you watch on You Tube. Seriously.
- Oh, man. I have become completely obsessed with Twitter lately. Apparently Cinematical has, too, and they've posted the twitter handles of most of their writers, so check it out if you're into 140 character musings. (You can find a good chunk of TV Squad writers on there too. I'm kona99).
- Hey, remember when you were going to jump off that bridge, and a kind stranger came along and said, "hey, buddy. I know things are bad, but pretty soon there's going to be a Marmaduke movie," and you didn't want to believe him because you thought he was just saying what you wanted to hear to keep you from killing yourself, but you allowed yourself that glimmer of hope anyway? And you lived? Well that dude was totally right. There is a Marmaduke movie being made.
- Now that Mickey Rourke has had his comeback, Cinematical discusses who should be next. They say Eric Roberts, but I say, how is that possible when he never went away, baby?
Here are a couple of letters I got this week.
The first one is from Jackie...
"Do you know "what happened" to a TV show that was on ABC several years ago called "Vengence"? It was about a PI who would charge a million dollars for a job or take the client's expertise in exchange. It was a great show!!"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Friday the 13th: Slasher Horror Classic in Development as Hour-long TV Drama
- Gracepoint Exclusive Photos: See Anna Gunn & David Tennant in Fox's Broadchurch Adaptation!
- TVLine Items: True Blood Star Nabs Amazon Pilot, Hargitay's SVU Marathon With a Purpose & More
- Keep or Cut: The Shows You Most Want Saved!
- The Killing: Netflix Announces Release Date for Abbreviated Fourth and Final Season
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- Chris Martin Cites 'Challenges' in First Interview Since Split with Gwyneth Paltrow
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Racism Claims Over 'Hello Kitty' Video
- More From ET