Itzin -- who's currently been a semi-regular on The Mentalist -- was Emmy-nominated for President Logan, and he really gave it all the shadings and complexities of a dark, corrupt politician. He was a guy you loved to hate, but he had a soft spot and that was his love for his wife. His unbalanced spouse, Martha. When last seen on the show, Martha had stabbed Charles.
Stephen Colbert may have made big news recently when he took his show on the road for a second time and performed for the troops in Iraq, but don't forget the other guy bringing fake news to the Middle East! Daily Show has been airing correspondent Jason Jones's reports from Iran, which were taped over the past month or so. Check out how many pockets are on that vest. He clearly means journalistic business.
She's also interested in having BFFs in other parts of the world, so really she's just building an international posse. Plus, with her track record so far, it's more likely that these are just BFFN "best friend for now," or perhaps PITFTPBRIJDTFTMAFAIDTTSIGAC "people I'll tolerate for the press but really I'm just doing this for the money and fame and I'll drop them the second I get a chance." So check out the second season of Paris Hilton's My New PITFTPBRIJDTFTMAFAIDTTSIGAC premiering on MTV tonight at 10 Eastern, and see who she'll drop next.
Larry Charles, director of Borat and a writer and producer for Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm, is teaming up with comedian Bill Maher (HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher) for a new film about God and religion. Their goal: make it funny.
To quote Variety, quoting Maher: "this movie will make you laugh so hard you'll pray for it to stop."
Maher and Charles traveled throughout the Middle East, interviewing people to try and find humor amongst the tragedy. It was undoubtedly a rough undertaking, but the result was hundreds of hours of footage that Maher and Charles are currently paring down to a feature-length film.
I've written for newspapers and magazines, but I've always been apprehensive about calling myself a journalist because it was never my major in college. In fact, my college didn't even have that as a major. I've always been fascinated by the career itself, however, and learning about all the obstacles that go along with getting a story.
If you share my interest in anything having to do with the media, and independent media especially, you'll probably enjoy Democracy on Deadline, which appears as part of the PBS series Independent Lens on November 21 at 10 pm. The documentary looks at independent journalists in several parts of the world, from right here in the United States to places like Russia and the Middle East. In the US, the problem for journalists is breaking through the wall of secrecy put up by the Bush White House during the days leading up to the Iraq war, and during the war itself. The documentary does not, however, place all blame on the government, it also points out how shoddy journalistic standards and a disinterested public have played a significant role in slowing down the flow of information.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 1 Finale Recap: Elliot Searches For a Missing Tyrell
- 'ANTM' Recap: The Nicest Guy is Sent Home
- 'America's Got Talent' Results Recap: 5 Acts Head to the Finals
- More From BuddyTV
- Mr. Robot Creator Says Finale's Big Reveal 'Is the Heart of Future Seasons,' Names the Scenes That Wowed Him
- Paula Deen? Kim Zolciak? A 'Vine Star'?! Does DWTS Need a Time-Out?
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- More From TVLine
- Danica Dillon Shares Explicit New Allegations of Violent Sex With Josh Duggar
- 7 'Tonight Show' Moments That Made Us Love Justin Bieber All Over Again
- Judge Joe Brown on 5-Day Prison Sentence: It's Like a 'Slave Warehouse'
- Inside 'Little Family' Stars Terra & Joe's Wedding
- Suspected 'Dance Moms' Stalker Reportedly Arrested for Sending 'Inappropriate' Packages to Show's Young Stars
- More From ET