A 'Nanny' Reunion on 'Happily Divorced,' 'Dancing' Vet Goes to 'One Tree Hill' and More Casting News
Shaughnessy will play Gregory, a man both Fran and her ex-husband Peter want to date. Look for him to pop up in the Season 1 finale on Wed., Aug. 17 at 10:30PM.
Also making a guest appearance this season is Renee Taylor. The actress, who played Fran Fine's mom on 'The Nanny,' will play an old friend of Dori (Rita Moreno). Taylor will appear in the Aug. 3 episode of the series.
TV Land recently renewed 'Happily Divorced' for a second season.
In other casting news ...
(S06E15) *Warning, spoilers from recent episode ahead*
It's really sad when the best part of a show is the last minute of a program, when you have to slog through 59 minutes of other material of so-so quality that seems very much like filler in order to get to something good.
That's how I felt about this new episode of 24. Did anyone in their right mind really believe that Nadia was a mole? Of course not, but I didn't expect her story to be resolved so quickly and simply, in less than an hour.
*If you haven't watched this week's 24, don't read this post. Period.*
While I'm still recovering from my dire disappointment over a Logan-less 24 hour -- following on the heels of last week's fruit-filled episode -- here are four moments to muse until the next installment of the Jack Bauer hour:
Quote of note: Chloe O'Brian wins this category again this week. (This gal gets some of the best lines.) When Chloe unceremoniously locked lips with her ex, Morris "Drill Bit" O'Brian, in the middle of CTU, he asked her why she kissed him. "Just checking your breath," she replied, nonchalantly, confirming that Morris hadn't been hitting the bottle. At least not recently.
So the 24 writers are trying to create an air of mystery around Ricky Schroder's new character . . . er, brawler/tough guy Mike Doyle.
(*Fair warning, spoilers*) Brought into CTU during the 13th episode as the new head of field ops, Doyle wasted no time ruffling feathers, harshly ordering people around and wrenching a staffer by the neck for not working fast enough.
Then there was the Denver comment.
Milo Pressman -- still nursing a bullet wound sustained while saving Marilyn Bauer's bacon several episodes ago -- has decided to take on Doyle instead of constantly harassing Morris "Drill Bit" O'Brian. After Doyle's first abrupt CTU meeting, Milo said that he doesn't like Doyle and that he knows him "from Denver."
Of his new 24 character, Schroder said, "He's very physical and he likes to get information from people by any means necessary." Maybe, in the height of irony, we'll see Schroder's character -- a younger version of Jack Bauer -- using a silver spoon as an interrogation tool.
I'm just hopeful that the Doyle character won't be as wooden as Chase Edmunds, Jack's useless sidekick from 24's season three.
Ricky has made another great career move - further distancing himself from that plucky young lad in The Champ. He'll be joining the cast of 24 as CTU operative Mike Doyle. Expect to see Schroder team up with Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer in executing "key field ops." 24 is really pulling out all the stops with its latest casting decisions. Schroder is just one of a list of fancy new cast members including Chad Lowe, Regina King, Powers Boothe, Peter MacNicol, James Cromwell, Kal Penn and David Hunt. That's right - Deadwood's Cy Tolliver meets Babe's Father Hoggett meets The Boondocks' Huey Freeman meets Kumar. Who doesn't want to see that?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19 Finale Preview: Chris Soules Struggles with His Final Decision
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Which 4 Girls are Going Home?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.24 Photos: The End of Alison's Trial Brings a Surprise Witness
- More From BuddyTV
- Banshee Penultimate Season 3 Sneak Peek: Job's Cover Blown!
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Donna's Surprise Move, Harvey's 'Emotional Block' and Mike and Rachel's [Spoiler]
- The 100 Recap: 'It Can't Be Over'
- Empire Post Mortem: Trai Byers on That Explosive Elevator Scene, Bipolar Stigma and Rhonda's 'Betrayal'
- More From TVLine
- Benji Madden Sends Love Messages to Cameron 'Bae' Diaz on Instagram
- Bruce Willis to Make Broadway Debut in Adaptation of Stephen King's ‘Misery'
- Kim Kardashian Confession: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead You Could Ever Imagine'
- That Time Chris Pratt Rescued Jeremy Sisto's Kids
- 'Downton Abbey' Star Dan Stevens Joins 'Beauty and the Beast' -- But Who's Playing Gaston?
- More From ET