They claim it's an attempt to break the industry assumption that viewers only want to watch highly attractive people. It seems more like another attempt by reality television to use a certain type of people in exchange for some air time on a major network. But that's just me.
My big concern is that Fox is essentially taking advantage of the obesity problem in the United States. While I like the concept behind such shows as The Biggest Loser, this has the potential of being a case of freaks on display. On the other hand, if the people behave normally, it could give a good message to the public that being overweight, while not healthy, does not automatically make a person unattractive.
Now it seems like TV Land, which is becoming the network for reality shows starring people over 35, has decided to pick up a Bachelorette-esque series where a number of young men will be competing for the affections of "sexy and accomplished mature woman." The show is being produced by Mike Fleiss, who was the executive producer for the network's version of High School Reunion.
No, no, no, not as a contestant, though wouldn't that be a twist?
No, actually, the producers of the current version of the show have wanted the Pope involved in the project since the beginning, since the show features an Italian Prince. Producer Mike Fleiss thinks it would be cool if Prince Borghese could talk to the Pope before handing out to the woman
he's going to leave in six months once the hype for the show is over who he will live with forever and ever.
Somehow I don't see this happening.
Fleiss has even put in a request to the Vatican. But it all depends on the Pope's schedule. He's already slated to be on MTV's Total Request Live, so he might not be able to make it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The Anti-Audrey Underground Movement
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 5 Premiere Recap: McCall's Pack Preps for Senior Year and Beyond
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Vegas Callbacks Begin
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Lathan Confides in Carly
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kaitlyn's Mistakes Prompt a Format Change
- More From BuddyTV
- Inside Rob Gronkowski's Wild Georgia Night: $100 Bills and 'Chicks As Hot As Crocodiles': EXCLUSIVE DETAILS
- Demi Moore Seriously Doesn't Age: See Rumer Willis' Latest Instagram
- Evangeline Lilly Is Pregnant! 'Ant-Man' Star Debuts Baby Bump at Premiere
- Hillary Clinton's Famous Friends
- Stars That Step Out in Same Style
- More From ET