Michael Vick, as you probably know, was once the highest paid quarterback in the NFL. He was on the cover of magazines and was considered an unstoppable force on the field. Off the field, however, he was running an illegal dog-fighting business. He spent most of the last two years either in court or in prison for his involvement in a syndicate that promoted gambling and killed dogs.
According to Wallace's son, Chris, host of Fox News Sunday, the heart "is working fine," but he added that his 90 year old father is done with TV. Does CBS know that for sure? I mean, will there be no future Mike Wallace interviews or special interviews? He retired from 60 Minutes in 2006, but remains with the network as Correspondent Emeritus. Chris made it sound like there will be no more TV ever for Mike Wallace.
He also said of his father, "He's doing really well," having spent time with him while he was in New York at Fox's studios to report on the presidential primaries.
"As much as I grew up in CBS and as much as I associate that anchor chair with Walter Cronkite and the history of broadcasting, I have never been so happy as I have working the last four-plus years at Fox. I suspect I've had a much better last couple of years than Katie Couric."
Mike Wallace, the semi-retired 60 Minutes correspondent, underwent triple-bypass heart surgery over the weekend at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan.
The 89-year-old Wallace, the oldest of the 60 Minutes correspondents, is recovering nicely, according to a CBS News spokesperson. The spokesperson added that the Correspondent Emeritus was already taking his first steps just two days after undergoing the procedure. Man, this guy is tough! It is unknown at this time if the surgery was planned or done after a checkup revealed an issue.
(S05E18) And so ends a short, inconsistent, Family Guy season. I don't know if we should chalk it up to Seth MacFarlane being spread too thin with American Dad and The Winner to watch over, or just the show coming up on 100 episodes. Something just wasn't quite right at Family Guy HQ this season though.
Well, it looks like he was right about everything except the flying part; on Tuesday, Wallace went to Tehran to interview Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, which will be broadcast on the venerable newsmagazine this Sunday. This interview is one of the few that Ahmadinejad has granted to a Western journalist, and, as one would expect, he criticizes President Bush and his administration's dealings with the country, among other topics. It seems like evil despots like to talk to Mike, since he's spoken to Saddam Hussein and the Ayatollah Khomeini in the past.
The retrospective, called I'm Mike Wallace, airs Sunday at 7 pm on CBS. It also includes clips of some of his most memorable interviews.
So here's today's interesting item: NBC is supposedly offering the now-retired Mike Wallace the opportunity to do "a bit of everything" at the network. Even though Wallace's rep denies the report, the Page Sixers speculate that it'll take a lot to get the 88 year-old to move, since he's very loyal to his longtime employers. Take the rumor for what it's worth, and discuss...
Last week, dear brother Joel (really, he's my brother, except I'm prettier) asked you, the beautiful TV Squad readers, if Meredith Vieira could be taken seriously as both the host of both Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Today. Some of you said there was no problem with Vieira's credibility; others said it should be one or the other.
Well, folks, lovely Meredith is not the first person to do double-duty as both a game show host and a news personality. As Joel stated in his post, Joe Garagiola hosted and was a panelist on a number of game shows while on Today. However, he is a recent example. Truth be known, during the early days of television news people regularly double-dipped between one format and another without a complaint.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- More From BuddyTV
- Empire Season 2: Men at Work Star to Recur as Obsessive Gay Photog
- Baby Daddy Season Finale Sneak Peek: A Reba Reunion Goes Horribly Wrong
- Hollywood Game Night Sneak Peek: Art Imitates... Yvette Nicole Brown?
- Castle Season 8: [Spoiler] Will Return in a 'Surprising' Way
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- More From TVLine
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Battle Divorce Rumors ... Again
- Ice T and Coco Are Having a Baby Girl! And Her Name Is…
- Jessica Alba's 'Honest' Sunscreen Under Fire After Customers Post Sunburned Pics
- Ryan Reynolds Teases the 'Deadpool' Trailer in Glorious, NSFW Fashion
- Christina Applegate Plays Coy as to Why She Ditched Brad Pitt at the '89 VMAs
- More From ET