Milton the Monster
If the years 1960 to 1964 were a time when the networks put their toes in the Saturday morning waters to see what it was like, 1965 was the year where they took a few steps in. Not completely enough to submerge themselves, mind you...that would be left until the Fall of 1966. But, just enough to feel comfortable enough to dive in.
Like the nation, television was changing in 1965, and the shift could be felt on Saturday mornings. Gone were many of the post-primetime, live action shows that filled the schedule during the first few years of the 60's. In its place was more animated fare. And, that programming was geared to current fads that were taking place in pop culture during that time. It was also the year that a certain animation studio known for its primetime and syndicated fare took its first tentative steps back into original Saturday morning programming.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Guide To Getting Back Out There After Their 10-Year Marriage
- Jennie Garth Shows Off Her Giant New Rose Tattoo in a Bikini
- Brandi Glanville Talks Playing the Villain on 'Real Housewives,' Reveals Her Salary
- Beyonce Celebrates Marriage Equality in a Rainbow Bikini -- Watch the Colorful Video!
- Kylie Jenner Moves Into Her $2.7 Million Mansion That Exists to Make You Feel Bad About Your Life
- More From ET