If the years 1960 to 1964 were a time when the networks put their toes in the Saturday morning waters to see what it was like, 1965 was the year where they took a few steps in. Not completely enough to submerge themselves, mind you...that would be left until the Fall of 1966. But, just enough to feel comfortable enough to dive in.
Like the nation, television was changing in 1965, and the shift could be felt on Saturday mornings. Gone were many of the post-primetime, live action shows that filled the schedule during the first few years of the 60's. In its place was more animated fare. And, that programming was geared to current fads that were taking place in pop culture during that time. It was also the year that a certain animation studio known for its primetime and syndicated fare took its first tentative steps back into original Saturday morning programming.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- 'Supernatural' Recap: The Truth About Rowena is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Ben Makes Emily an Offer She Can't Refuse
- Ratings: DWTS Draws Best Finale Numbers in 4 Seasons, Voice Hits Low
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Glee, Grey's, Vampire Diaries, HTGAWM, Jane, Parks, Cougar Town and More
- Dancing With the Stars Recap: Did the Right Couple Win? Plus: Top 5 Moments and Season 19 Finale Pics!
- Faking It Finale: EP Explains Karma's Dream, Liam's Sacrifice and More
- More From TVLine
- Kendall Jenner Sets the Record Straight On All Those Bullying Rumors with These Insane 'Dazed' Covers
- John Legend on His Wife Chrissy Teigen: It Wasn't Love at First Sight
- Gay Soccer Star Robbie Rogers on His New Memoir, ABC Sitcom & Boyfriend Greg Berlanti
- Mila Kunis Steps Out Slim and Trim Only 2 Months After Having Baby
- Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are Coming to TV -- For a Limited Time Only
- More From ET