It's not what you'd expect, though. According to TV Guide, the newsman has booked a cameo as himself on the ABC sitcom 'Better With You.'
King will shoot the guest spot next week, and the episode is scheduled to air in March.
In other TV news ...
• The latest on board the 'Dancing With the Stars' rumor train: Mischa Barton. According to a source, "Mischa watches the show religiously, and she thinks she can hold her own and maybe even win it. She likes the idea of being on a top-rated show, too." [Perez Hilton]
• Former 'Deep End' star Ben Lawson will play one of the leads in the USA pilot 'Wild Card.' His character is a successful attorney who has a life-changing night in Las Vegas. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Justin Long and his newly formed production company sold a half-hour script to CBS. The comedy is about two polar opposite high school science teacher roommates. [Deadline]
Sometimes, drug abuse on TV is used to teach the audience a lesson, while other times writers have characters develop an addiction as a way of making them more human in a flawed sense.
One of the most recent drug abusers comes to us in the form of Edie Falco's title character on 'Nurse Jackie.' The medical drama is back with a vengeance (Mon., March 22 10PM on Showtime), and to celebrate the return of our favorite no-nonsense RN, we're taking a look at TV's other famous pill-popping characters we've come to love (despite their issues) over the years.
We're not endorsing drug abuse of any kind, but it's a fact of life for some people, including these TV characters.
Find out who made our list after the jump.
Equally as interesting is seeing Sgt. Landsman (Delaney Williams) from 'The Wire' playing defense attorney John Buchanan. Hope to see more of him on the screen, too.
Watch the video after the jump.
And if that goes well, could the Ashton Kutcher co-produced series about the trials and tribulation of the modeling life, nixed by the CW last September after airing just two episodes, have another shot at ratings radiance?
Before you tweet, chirp or e-mail your e-vites eight months in advance, note this information has to stay in the unconfirmed box for now. Today, the Daily News simply scooped up and delivered information found on one of the 'TBL' fan pages on Facebook, stating that the unaired episodes could run in June, and that the CW wouldn't renew the show. Well, the second part we knew: 'TBL' debuted in the ratings sub-basement and sank from there.
Sometime in the early 2000s, Tyra Banks had the idea for a competitive reality show that would crown a new supermodel. Back when the second season was debuting, she told me the idea came to her while she was staring out of the large picture window in her living room. I, too come up with my best reality television show ideas while staring into blank space, but unfortunately I don't have Tyra's credibility or connections, and my knitting competition show has yet to debut.
The CW is getting really good at this. First those OMFG ads for Gossip Girl and now this:
The cast for the upcoming drama The Beautiful Life is posing naked for the ad campaign in support of the show's launch on September 16th. Well... almost naked. And not the whole cast.
The drama, which seems to only have one premise based on the way The CW is pitching it, is apparently about really good looking people who happen to also be alive. It's not about unattractive zombies who look like they're dead. That may be why series regular Mischa Barton is conspicuously absent from the ad campaign. Ohhh... SNAP! Also sure to raise controversy? Corbin Bleu - the teenybopper from Disney's annoying High School Musical franchise - is one of the stars in the campaign. Hooray for role models.
Anyway, the tagline for the season is pretty funny too - "what are you looking at?" Why is it funny? Because the only answer I can come up with is "not much." Pictures after the jump...
However, in the middle of the panel, a Barton question did come up. Kutcher was quick to defend the actress, saying she was "never unavailable for a day of work." With all the young people in the cast, he thinks the "good thing about Mischa is that she's done it before," and can provide guidance.
But what about two of the network's more veteran and male-oriented shows, Smallville and Supernatural? Does the network still believe in them? Ostroff tried to give a definitive "yes," but the rest of her panel, and the promos shown before she appeared, say otherwise.
Premise: When Iowa farm boy Chris ( Ben Hollingsworth) is discovered by a modeling agent while visiting the Big Apple, he's thrown into a glamorous but cutthroat world. Helping him along is rising star Raina (Sara Paxton), whose career is taking off -- just as the infamous Sonja (Mischa Barton) returns to town to reclaim her place as top model.
Also in the news today: E! picks up 'Kendra,' while VH1 announces a new set of 'Divas.'
See more of today's top TV headlines after the jump.
Just days after she was hospitalized under psychiatric hold, sources for the Ausiello Files are now saying the show -- about a group of beautiful New York models -- will move forward as planned, with or without her.
How will they do it? According to the report, casting is already underway for a recurring character named Jane. Jane is said to closely resemble supermodel and lead character Sonja Stone, whom Barton played in the show's pilot.
Over the weekend, news also broke that the show's production start date would be delayed one week due to unfinished set designs.
While Mischa Barton has been having some personal problems recently, the network claims that the reason behind the nine day delay of the start of production is that some of the sets were not completed on time. This is what they say.
I have nothing against Mischa Barton and I hope she solves whatever problems she is having and goes on to a long and prosperous career. However, I'd have to be pretty naive to think that Barton's emotional issues were not a factor in any delay of the start of her new show.
Then a funny thing happened on the way to the DVD shelves. Disney pulled the plug and indefinitely suspended the release of the award-winning show's (premature) final season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'High Sparrow'
- Bruce Jenner's Docuseries Gets Premiere Date, 'Kardashians' Stars Show Support
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.20 Photos: Will Klaus Make a Deal with Dahlia?
- 'Revenge' Recap: Death Doesn't Stop Victoria from Trying to Bring Down Amanda
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Is Alicia Ready to Start Over?
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries Wedding Photo: First Look at Jo and Alaric's Big Day
- Mike & Molly Video: Margo Martindale Returns to Get Peggy's Goat
- Mad Men Recap: Move It or Lose It
- Girl Meets World Season 2: First Video Features Eric's Arrival, Feeny's Return
- Revenge Recap: 'Eternally Yours, Victoria Grayson'
- More From TVLine
- Demi Lovato Dedicates a Song to ‘American Hero' Bruce Jenner During Concert
- Kim Richards Checks Into Rehab
- A Former ‘Mad Men' Star Joins MTV's ‘Scream' as Mayor – Find Out Who!
- Kim Kardashian Says Bruce Jenner Has Found 'Inner Peace' and 'Pure Happiness'
- Ian Somerhalder Marries Nikki Reed!
- More From ET