(S04E20) A really wonderful thing happened at the end of the series finale of 'Ugly Betty.' Betty Suarez got a new beginning. In the tradition of many television series finales, there were many loose ends tied up, and because 'Betty' was more comedy than drama, it only stood to reason that they were mostly happy endings.
All they needed was Liza Minnelli to sing about it, but alas, there was no musical number to sum it all up. However, there was plenty of character development and plot turns. For more on that and how even Halston got a fashionable farewell, read on after the jump. However, if you don't want to know, consider this a SPOILER ALERT!
I really loved the first season of Ugly Betty, and I continued to watch it into the second season, but somewhere along the line I just lost interest in it. It wasn't the cast, I think it was just that plots kept spiraling into directions I didn't think were interesting (or funny). But now that the show is ending I kinda feel bad about not watching it the last couple of seasons.
So I guess this is the part where we all list our predictions on how the show will end, who Betty will end up, what will happen to Mode, and all that. At least they know the show is ending and can plan a good final episode.
Here's another tidbit: Ugly Betty star Eric Mabius auditioned for the role of Peter Petrelli on Heroes. It's not really clear whether he didn't get the role because Milo Ventimiglia got it or if producers of Ugly Betty grabbed him for the role of Daniel Meade before Heroes producers could sign him up. Whatever happened, he's now playing the head of Mode magazine while Ventimiglia is absorbing people's superpowers.
The interview above is rather interesting. Mabius has moved back to Massachusetts with his family (he met his wife here while in college and wants to raise his kids here). He says he doesn't have a plan for his future, though he might have to get one. I have a feeling this might be the last season for Ugly Betty.
On last night's two-hour season finale of Ugly Betty, Henry came back to New York to warn everyone that there's a killer going around killing all of the wedding guests one by one. Well, no, but Christopher Gorham came back to possibly screw things up between Betty and Matt.
Was this a good season finale? Is the show as good as it used to be? Does it deserve to get another season (though it's moving to Friday nights next season, always a sign that it's on its way out)?
I used to really be into Ugly Betty, and now ... not so much. There are just other things to watch, and that feeling of "oh, Ugly Betty is a great show I wonder what's going to happen tonight!" is just gone. I think it ended around the time that she took that hansom cab ride with that one guy though she still wanted to be with Henry. Or something. Anyway, I'm looking at it and ... Ralph Macchio is in it now?! And David Rasche?! Discuss last night's episode here.
9. Christine Campbell, The New Adventures of Old Christine - Gym Manager
8. Jim, The Office - Salesman
7. Betty Suarez, Ugly Betty - Editorial Assistant
6. Chuck Bartowski, Chuck - IT Guy
5. Kenneth Parnell, 30 Rock - Page
4. Gary Barnes, Gary Unmarried - House Painter
3. Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives - Children's Book Author
2. Adrian Monk (Monk); Shawn Spencer (Psych); Patrick Jane (The Mentalist) - Police Consultants
1. Penny, Big Bang Theory - Cheesecake Factory waitress/aspiring actress
Want to see the pictures or leave a comment? Click here.
Please, please, let this be a sign of good things to come, because Ugly Betty could use an injection of good stuff. So far this season, the show has lurched around searching for its comedic soul.
(S01E22) Before we get started, I need to get something out of the way.
"A boy like that. He'll kill your brother."
Who wants to live in America? Rita Moreno does! I'm just one big fag haggis experiencing her inner theater queen. We all know that there's a Betty musical episode in the works, but I think we might be in for a preview next week. The episode is called "East Side Story," guest stars Kristin Chenoweth and is timed perfectly for Justin to save the day for middle school-aged thespians everywhere. Until then, let us reflect on tonight's mystical Mexico tour.
(S01E21) I wish Ugly Betty's Christina could sit down with The Office's Pam and tell her the same thing she told Betty - "You can take care of yourself, princess." How original. How wonderful. How like real life.
(S01E19) This episode we found Daniel Meade reverting back to his old womanizing, irresponsible ways, but did he really ever change? Last thing I remember, he was bedding [fill-in-the-blank-random-model]. Oh, but this time he bedded the wrong random model, didn't he? Eh, I guess that counts as personal change.
While Daniel worked on spreading his genes, Betty, as usual, worked on keeping Mode together and chasing down her boss. Is it just me or is Betty's true secret love really Daniel? She's constantly stalking him, keeping tabs on who he's sleeping with (or not), and treats him like he can't pee without her holding his goods.
(S01E18) I would have written this review sooner, but I couldn't stop crying like a big baby. Not every storyline was a home run this week, but the most important one was. It could have gotten all "Lifetime Original," but it didn't. This show is many things - funny, moving, campy - but it is never saccharine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.5 Photos: Felicity's Origin Story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Post Mortem: Claire Coffee on Vengeance, Vermin &'Gossipy' Wesen
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- More From TVLine
- What Really Happened While Making ‘Honey Boo Boo'
- 30 Years Later, ‘CHiPs' Cast Reunites
- Snooki Opens Up About Her New Baby, Upcoming Wedding and Not Having Sex
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- More From ET