'Parks & Recreation' star and comedian Aziz Ansari will host the next 'MTV Movie Awards' broadcast, which will air live on June 6 from the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, Calif.
Some say it's the right choice at the right time since his comedy star is hotter than ever thanks to his primetime appearances and the buzz he has earned from his latest comedy special. I like to think it's MTV's way of apologizing for giving 'Human Giant' the run-around.
The British producer will be expected to "infuse [the show] with fresh perspective and innovative ideas that will serve as a blueprint for a successful fifth season," according to HGTV senior vice president of programming Freddy James.
Burnett introduced competition-based reality programming to American audiences. In addition to his work on 'Survivor,' Burnett has produced everything from 'Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader,' to 'The Apprentice' to MTV's 'Bully Beatdown.'
In 2007, his work on 'Survivor' won him an Emmy for Outstanding Non-Fiction Program (Special Class).
'Design Star,' which just wrapped its fourth season in September, is a bit of a departure from Burnett's resume. Which means he may have to spruce it up a little to compete with the intensity of his other shows.
Everyone had their own take on it. You'd have thought it was the JFK assassination all over again. "There was one shooter with a camera zoomed in on Eminem's face. That's the only person who knew what was happening." "Impossible. Who worked the rig that lowered Cohen? Clearly there was a conspiracy." "But Eminem had to have been in on that conspiracy. Can you really lower a man on top of someone without them knowing it." "Perhaps, but did Em know Cohen's ass was bare." "Oh I think he most certainly did." Who cares, honestly?!
Entertainment Weekly confirmed from an unidentified source close to the network that Cohen said the prank was staged and that Eminem wasn't really mad that he got a face full of ass.
EW also reported that Scott Aukerman, the show's head writer who comedy geeks will recognize as a Mr. Show actor/writer and one-half of the comedy duo The Fun Bunch, leaked the news on his blog. That entry seemed to have disappeared from his blog as fast as Eminem's ass-smelling face from the awards show.
I don't really care about who wins or about MTV's silly categories ("Best WTF Moment?" WTF?), but the Movie Awards are known for delivering pretty funny comedy shorts featuring some pretty funny people.
This year will be no different, and now you can watch some of the shorts online at MTV.com. That means you don't have to sit through twenty "thank you" speeches by the likes of Robert Pattinson to watch some funny skits featuring a few great comedians and famous faces.
The "big house," that is!
checked into the beautiful turned herself into authorities last night and began her 23 day stay in jail. TMZ.com has the video of Paris and her teary mom arriving in their car. She actually surrendered miles away from Lynwood, where she will be doing her time. She'll be in a cell and have a shower and phone to use. There will also be a small pod attached to her cell where she can watch TV (a small pod to watch TV? What, is she Michael Jackson?). She says she's ready to face the consequences and learn from her mistakes (*cough*).
By the way, the photo? That's not a publicity photo, it's Paris' mug shot. (Update: the police released the wrong photo.)
In honor of her first day, check out GSN's The Prison Life game. And after the jump, a video of Sarah Silverman joking about Paris at the MTV Movie Awards, with Paris in the audience.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Interview: Co-creators Discuss Delphine's 'Conundrum' and the Threat Rachel Still Poses
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Outtakes: Reba Coaches 'the Poot' Out of the Top 12
- Jonathan Crombie, Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables, Dead at 48
- Eye Candy Cancelled at MTV
- Post Mortem: Orphan Black Boss on Helena's Pal, Mean Delphine & More
- Outlander Recap: A Trial, Some Truth-Telling and Another (?!) Time-Traveler
- More From TVLine
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Scorpion Psychosis, Mystery Elevator Clone & More Answers Revealed!
- 'Outlander' Postmortem: Caitriona Balfe & Sam Heughan Dish on Big Secrets Revealed!
- Doctors Call for Columbia University to Can Dr. Oz
- 'Anne of Green Gables' Actor Jonathan Crombie Dies at 48
- Ryan Reynolds Posts Adorable Throwback Pic
- More From ET