April 20, 2014
by David Ciminelli, posted Apr 19th 2010 7:00PM
The Golden Globe-winning series returns to Fox on April 13 with a tribute to the music icon, featuring the cast covering what's sure to be show-stopping renditions of some of Madge's greatest hits, including the '80s-defining 'Borderline,' an acoustic version of power-ballad 'Crazy for You' and the more recent '4 Minutes.' Even Sue Sylvester gets into the groove, coaching the Cheerios through an energetic performance of 'Express Yourself' and taking lead on 'Vogue.'
"It's big...huge," 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy recently told Entertainment Weekly about the episode, which he's directing, yet he won't reveal whether or not Madonna will be making a cameo. What we do know is that the special episode will feature grander productions and at least 10 hits. We wouldn't expect anything less.
Madonna's decision to lend 'Glee' her entire catalog stems from the fact that she's a fan of the spunky song-and-dance show. Of course, the timing is also perfect for the master self-promoter, who is releasing a live DVD-CD of her Sticky & Sweet Tour on March 30, followed by the concert's April 2 TV premiere on VH1.
We're pretty sure that the 'Glee' and VH1 specials, as well as Madge's March guest stint on Jerry Seinfeld's new show, 'The Marriage Ref,' will eventually find a place in our ever-expanding compilation of Madonna's Memorable TV Moments.
by Scott Johnson, posted Sep 3rd 2007 2:55PM
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- More From TVLine