October 20, 2014
by David Ciminelli, posted Apr 19th 2010 7:00PM
The Golden Globe-winning series returns to Fox on April 13 with a tribute to the music icon, featuring the cast covering what's sure to be show-stopping renditions of some of Madge's greatest hits, including the '80s-defining 'Borderline,' an acoustic version of power-ballad 'Crazy for You' and the more recent '4 Minutes.' Even Sue Sylvester gets into the groove, coaching the Cheerios through an energetic performance of 'Express Yourself' and taking lead on 'Vogue.'
"It's big...huge," 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy recently told Entertainment Weekly about the episode, which he's directing, yet he won't reveal whether or not Madonna will be making a cameo. What we do know is that the special episode will feature grander productions and at least 10 hits. We wouldn't expect anything less.
Madonna's decision to lend 'Glee' her entire catalog stems from the fact that she's a fan of the spunky song-and-dance show. Of course, the timing is also perfect for the master self-promoter, who is releasing a live DVD-CD of her Sticky & Sweet Tour on March 30, followed by the concert's April 2 TV premiere on VH1.
We're pretty sure that the 'Glee' and VH1 specials, as well as Madge's March guest stint on Jerry Seinfeld's new show, 'The Marriage Ref,' will eventually find a place in our ever-expanding compilation of Madonna's Memorable TV Moments.
by Scott Johnson, posted Sep 3rd 2007 2:55PM
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Alicia Tame Elsbeth's Unquiet Mind?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- More From BuddyTV
- Shia LaBeouf Says Method Acting Got Him Fired from Broadway Play
- Rob Lowe Gets a Sexy Surfing Injury
- Jason Momoa's 'Game of Thrones' Audition Tape Is Intense!
- Derek Hough Shares Memories Of Being Bullied As A Child
- Celebrity Showdown: 'Fury' Star Brad Pitt vs. 'Gone Girl' Star Ben Affleck
- More From ET