(S03E05) This week in Eureka wasn't quite what I expected. After the dramatics from "I Do Over" I assumed most of that would be swept to the side and we would be treated to one of the more comedic episodes. The fact that the episode was based on a mummy, and that goofy title, kind of hinted at that as well. It wasn't all yuks and Egyptian mysticism though. Weaved in with that weekly story we had the fallout from those major events from last week.
(S02E16) "One more time, buddy. For justice." -- Shawn Spencer
Where has the time gone? After a very short second half, the second season finale of Psych is upon us. And, despite the semi-disaster that was the season premiere, it was a pretty decent sophmore run for the show. We got to see a good bit of development from all of the characters, an easing of the psychic element of Shawn's abilities, and some extra focus on those who surround the young Spencer. One can only hope that the show's run on NBC come March will interest some more fans to the program.
The premise of the show? What starts as a normal cop-show takes a "hilariously horrifying" twist when the not-so-super police officers have to face the likes of vampires, mummies and other supernatural ghouls -- return of werewolf man?
My question to AMC is: how many times can a person watch The Fly in one week? Looking at your schedule, I see it's on at least three times. And it's not even the classic original, it's the 1986 remake (and it's sequel, The Fly II).
It's time for AMC's annual Monsterfest. This year (October 22-31) is the 10th Anniversary of the horror and monster marathon. There are certainly some great movies here, such as the Universal Dracula, Wolf Man, Mummy, and Frankenstein flicks, but even those can get a little boring when you're showing them 9000 times during the week. Do you not have enough great horror/monster movies in your library? Am I really going to have to sit through Gothika, Rodan, Island Of The Burning Doomed(!), and Pinata: Survival Island?
You're showing Them!, one of the great monster flicks of the 50s, but why are you showing it only once (October 24 at 7:30am) when you're showing Children of the Corn four times? Gah.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Key'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: A Room Full of Liars
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Finale Recap: And the Winner Is...
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Callie & Arizona Head to Therapy...Can Their Marriage Be Saved?
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: The Writing's on the Wallpaper
- Scandal Recap: The One Where Everyone Believes that Jake Killed a Kid
- Project Runway Finale: Did the Right Designer Win Season 13?
- ABC Orders More Castle, Once, Grey's Anatomy and 5 Other Series
- Vampire Diaries Recap: Paternity Quest
- More From TVLine