My Dad is Better Than Your Dad
And apparently that's also the case for unpopular nonsense.
Yes, it's hard to believe, but as we mentioned yesterday, The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Cartoon Network has decided to revive the decidedly unacclaimed and short-lived Fox game show 'Hole in the Wall.' That show, you may recall, features people on a giant treadmill who have to contort themselves, Tetris-style, to fit through cutouts in a series of rapidly approaching walls.
A lot of people are worried that NBC has suddenly changed into a reality/game show channel. Not only has NBC had Deal Or No Deal, The Apprentice, 1 vs. 100, and The Biggest Loser on the schedule for a few seasons, they now also have American Gladiators, Nashville Star, a game show hosted by Dennis Miller called Amnesia, America's Favorite Mom, and My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad. And don't forget the Bernie Mac reality show Welcome to the Family. They aren't the only network to have reality/game shows, but they seem to be taking the lead in getting the most on the air (and canceling scripted shows).
Now NBC chief Ben Silverman tells The Los Angeles Times that he meant that this is just a temporary thing, because of the strike. They are still picking up scripted sitcoms and dramas and things will go back to normal after the strike is over.
This is game show number three for Burnett, who also created Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? for FOX and the upcoming Amne$ia, a game show where contestants will be quizzed about their own lives, for NBC.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- One Direction Drops Surprise Single One Day After Zayn Malik's New Record Deal
- 6 Revelations About Christine Ouzounian, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Former Nanny
- Jason Bateman on TV Mom Valerie Harper: 'I Hope She Gets Through It OK'
- Woody Allen Talks Candidly About 'Paternal' Relationship With Wife Soon-Yi Previn
- Mariah Carey Poses as Marie Antoinette, Katy Perry Channels Elizabeth Taylor – See the Pics!
- More From ET