Kathy Griffin and Her 'Same Name' Counterpart Discuss Life-Swapping Experience on 'The Talk' (VIDEO)
"My biggest surprise has been the work that goes into a production," said fiberglass Kathy. "It's a lot of work. Kathy's got a tough life. And being a comedian, I learned, is really not easy." Comedian Kathy wasn't having a good time of it, either. "My domestic abilities are not what they're used to," she said, surrounded by the other Kathy's husband and two boys. "First of all, with my fame, I had to actually pour my own soda, find the ice, and the straw."
We're giving you the lowdown on all of this summer's hottest returning shows -- 'Mad Men,' 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' and 'The Closer,' just to name a few -- to keep TV fans cooking over the next three months.
Check out all the big returning shows in our 2009 Summer TV gallery.
They may steal your husband, dance on a bar, or just generally leave a path of destruction in their wake. Whatever it is, it's sure to be memorable. For this reason, TV tramps are not to be looked down upon; they are to be revered. So consider this list a tribute: a tribute to TV's biggest tramps. May they never reexamine the path their life has taken.
Neil, an Emmy nominee for How I Met Your Mother, and Sarah, who is also a guest/semi-regular on Mother as well as a permanent regular on Scrubs, are a great choice for this gig. They're smart, funny, quick, attractive and maybe even unpredictable.
I mean, wouldn't it be a hoot if Neil came on stage in his Dr. Horrible gear and asked Sarah if her Hanes undies were riding up or doing their job? She should then counter and ask him about that smell, you know ... the Old Spice? Hey, maybe they should get Bruce Campbell to confront Neil about the Old Spice deal -- that was Bruce's commercial before Neil took over!
(10PM, TBS) 2nd season finale
Here comes the bride ... maybe. Despite the fact that PJ and the whole gang have traveled to California for Bobby's impromptu green-card wedding to Elsa, the celebration isn't going quite as planned.
First, Bobby can't seem to let go of PJ's admission about her crush on him during their trip to Italy, which fuels his feud with playboy brother Jack, who's crushin' hard on PJ. Meanwhile, Jack bolts, Bobby has to come up with a new best man, and he decides more's the merrier and recruits several stand-ins.
Finally, while Mike discovers a little secret about Maggie and Stephanie and Kenny try to keep a secret of their own, everyone is forced to realize how they're group dynamic will change if Bobby does go home a married man.
Now, before you think Kathy was being haughty or superior, to me she was just being smart. While appearing on Dancing with the Stars would be a great chance for exposure, appearing on DWTS is one of the toughest gigs in show business. I hand it to Kathy for knowing her limitations. The kind of physical workout involved is just too much, especially if you figure that you're likely to embarrass yourself. I mean, what did a stint on DWTS do for Penn Jillette?
Well, if you recall the first season of Kathy's show, Bravo's My Life on the D List, the comic was rather brutally insulted by Jay when he called her ugly, and in the subsequent episodes of the show, Kathy revealed that she was put on The Tonight Show's "do not invite list."
And yet, the other night, there was Kathy in the prime seat, chatting it up with Jay, dissing celebrities as is her wont, and generally looking like the D List is now just the title of her show, not her true show business status.
1) Ty Pennington
I'm not ashamed to admit that for a couple of years I was hooking on TLC's Trading Spaces. It may have been the perky Paige Davis, the home improvement on a $1,000, the cool things that the designers did in just 24 hours -- whatever it was, I was a regular viewer. Oh, yes, there was also a carpenter on the show named Ty Pennington.
- At 8, NBC has a new, two-hour America's Got Talent.
- FOX has a new On The Lot at 8.
- Also at 8: TCM has The Bigamist, with Edmond O'Brien, Joan Fontaine, and Ida Lupino, followed by Outrage with Tod Anderews and Mala Powers (who passed away two weeks ago).
- The Bourne Identity airs on USA at 8:30.
- At 9, PBS has a new Frontline/World.
- ABC has Shaq's Big Challenge at 9, then a new Primetime.
- Discovery has a new Dirty Jobs at 9.
- Lifetime has the new movie Abducted at 9.
- At 10, TLC has a new Miami Ink.
- Bravo has a new Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List at 10.
- There's a new ECW on Sci-Fi at 10.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Because he stole $72,000 from her.
That's the claim that Griffin made to Larry King, in an interview that has already been taped by hasn't aired yet. She says that her ex-husband Matt, who has been featured in her Bravo reality show My Life On The D List, was sneaking into her wallet while she slept and stealing cash and her ATM card.
The divorce actually became final in May, so maybe we'll be seeing that coming up on the show soon. It's interesting because in her last standup special, she told the audience that they were separated but were working on getting back together. I guess this was the last straw? This also comes after news that Janet Charleton broke, that Griffin and her husband haven't been living together and the scenes of him living in the home on the Bravo show were staged to make it look like he was still living there.
Charleton says that the couple's marriage is over. Hmmm...
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 13: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Black Box': Meet the Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'The Blacklist' Episode 20 Photos: Being Framed for Murder
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Recap: Roy Rage and Mirakuru Madness Reach the Point of No Return
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville: On the Record Recap: We'll Do It Live!
- American Idol Top 6 Performance Recap: Wanna Ya-ah-ah-ah-ah… Yahoo It! [Updated]
- CBS' Thursday Night Football Dates Set: When This Fall Might Big Bang Reclaim Its Time Slot?
- Arrow Recap: A Mother Of a Twist (Times Three)
- Sirens Sneak Peek: Will Johnny and Hank Allow Brian Into 'The Neutral Zone'?
- More From TVLine