We loved Gabourey Sidibe's tearful acceptance speech. "I didn't really expect this," she said. "I just want to thank my God for ordering my steps, for everything that my life was, and everything that it is now."
It was also funnily poignant when director Lee Daniels proclaimed, "God is good," and the audience shot back, "All the time!"
Watch the video after the jump.
(8PM, CBS) 18th season premiere
Well, there's certainly no time wasted in this season premiere.
Season 18's 16 castaways are shipped off to the harsh interior Brazilian state of Tocantins, where they've already been divided into two teams. And before the contestants have a chance to form any alliances – or even get to know each others' names, for that matter – each team is forced to oust one player.
And that's a mere taste of the drama to come, from a contestant pool that includes a college soccer coach, a member of the R&B girl group SWV, a former Miss Ohio and, at age 19, Spencer Duhm, the youngest 'Survivor' contestant ever.
The Black Donnellys (Mon., 10PM, NBC) series premiere
There are no original ideas in the movies -- everything's a sequel, prequel or "re-imagining." So, it's no surprise that this new show from Oscar-winning movie producers Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco (Crash) tries to be an Irish version of The Sopranos. The Donnellys comprise four brothers: hothead Jimmy, gambling Kevin, artistic Tommy and baby Sean. When Jimmy kidnaps Kevin's bookie, the brothers find themselves facing off against the Italian mob.
Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? (Tue., 9:30PM, Fox) series premiere
Class is in session! Reality TV maestro Mark Burnett presents this new game show that tests just how much adults have forgotten since their elementary school days. Over three days this week, host Jeff Foxworthy will asks questions about everything from math to grammer to American history. And instead of using a lifeline or asking the mob, contestants can turn to some pint-sized experts: a group of real fifth graders.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Answers: Secrets of the Strigoi Revealed
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 10?
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Chris Soules' First Interview as The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis' Advice and More
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- More From BuddyTV
- 24 Movie Talks Heat Up (Again): Is Jack Finally Headed to the Big Screen?
- Ratings: Big Brother Down But on Top, CBS Dramas Rise, Wipeout Plunges
- Grey's Anatomy Admits The Americans' Annet Mahendru
- Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: Sparks Fly on Scott and Kira's First 'Real' Date
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- More From TVLine