The secret compartment in which they found the stash of weapons and money was lined with lead. Bad news for the bad guys, though, because it didn't work.
"About three inches thick full of money," Ortega said of each of several packages of money stashed in the compartment. Once it was all laid out, verified and counted, she could say she helped take more than three quarters of a million dollars out of the drug business. Final tally: $799,422. Not bad for her first time.
You see some amazing stuff on the National Geographic Channel, and one of the most watched videos on SlashControl right now is "The Girl With Eight Limbs."
It tells the story of Lakshmi Tatma, a girl born with four arms and four legs, who also carries a rare parasitic conjoined twin that could kill her. The episode delves into the fact that the people in Lakshmi's village actually revere her, because they see her as the Hindu Goddess of Wealth and Fortune in human form.
The network is looking to cast That 70's Show's Wilmer Valderrama in the potential sitcom's title role, assuming it's called "The Dog Whisperer." Hung's co-executive producer Emily Kapnek will write the show's pilot.
If this gets to the air and becomes a wild success, just imagine the bar this could set for other reality show stars to get their own half-hour sitcom. Then again, try not to or your skull will cave in.
Heck, I haven't even written about last night's AMC cocktail party and the comic stylings of Jon Hamm yet. That'll come when I get a chance. The latest info and quips will always be on our Twitter feed if you're curious.
For now, though, some highlights of the day:
The show celebrates its 100th episode on Sept. 19, and this household is officially hooked. There's something strangely meditative about the way he calms the dogs on that show. And, truthfully, it's not so much the dogs he works with as their nimrod human companions. Let's face it. The dogs are alright. The humans need work.
It's all about relationships, and his job, he says, is to draw out the good behavior in any given dog ("There are no killer dogs!"), and then tell the humans how to maintain it.
Guest as Tufnel is interviewed by straight man -- comic actor -- Jim Piddock, leading to riotous takes by Nigel about dinosaurs, the secret language of potatoes, the pyramids and other weighty affairs. Here's one of the videos (after the jump), so you can see what I mean:
The updated version of Inside 9/11, the National Geographic Channel's Emmy-nominated documentary, is being re-broadcast on March 25 at 7:00 p.m. Since the original four-hour miniseries first aired, new details about the tragedy have sprung up, including the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui; information on Able Danger, the intelligence team assigned to track al Qaeda; new video of the attack on the Pentagon; audio from Flight 93; the CIA's dismantling of the bin Laden unit; the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi; and new video from bin Laden himself.
It's been over five years since the events of September 11, 2001, and I can understand how some might be sick of hearing about it, but it's not surprising that the aftershocks of an event of this magnitude would still be felt even today. I'd like to think my ongoing curiosity is natural and not morbid, but I still want to learn as much as I can about everything that happened that day, and the people and events it connects to.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- 'Bones': 10 Memorable Moments at the Jeffersonian
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 9
- 'The Bachelor' Book Club: Reality Stars Turned Authors
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week: Hannibal, Scream, Bachelor in Paradise, Days and More
- Archer Cast on Season 7: Espionage, Giant Animals and... Cocaine Pies?
- Big Bang Theory Season 9: Our Hopes for 'Shamy,' Li'l Wolowitz and More
- Hannibal Finale Post Mortem: Bryan Fuller on Will/Lecter Love, Bedelia's Last Supper, That Siouxsie Sioux Jam
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift & Avril Lavigne Bury the Hatchet, Sing 'Complicated' on 1989 Tour in San Diego
- EXCLUSIVE: Khloe Kardashian Spills on Fireworks Fiasco at Boyfriend's Yacht Party: 'No One Would Just Take That Risk'
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- EXCLUSIVE: Kris Jenner Sets the Story Straight on Her Kids' Rumors — And Why She Fell Asleep on Kanye West!
- Josh Duggar's Sister Jessa Speaks at Southern Women's Show, Opens Up About Her Home Life
- More From ET