July 30, 2014
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Top 14 Dancers are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 10 Reasons to Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Which 5 Acts Will Advance to the Semifinals?
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Did Caleb Turn on Amber?
- More From BuddyTV
- Suits Sneak Peek: Louis Demands Name Partnership From Jessica
- Girls Star Allison Williams Lands Lead in NBC's Peter Pan Live!
- Extant Sneak Peek: Molly Deals With Daddy Issues — And a Missing [Spoiler]
- Outlander Cast, EP Ron Moore Lift the Kilt on Starz's Time-Travel Drama
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Crazy Horse
- More From TVLine