by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Tomorrow People': Murder, limbo and Darth Vader in 'Death's Door'
- 'Duck Dynasty' Christmas special recap: A nativity play and wild hog guts
- 'The Sing-Off' Season 4: Meet '90s-obsessed guy group The Filharmonic
- 'Nashville' fall finale: Did both [SPOILER] and [SPOILER] die in 'Tomorrow Never Comes?'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': Deaths litter the fall finale 'The Head'
- More From Zap2it
- The X Factor Top 4 Performance Recap: Raise Your Hopeful Voice, You Have a Choice
- AHS: Coven Recap: The Eyes Have It
- Nashville Post Mortem: EP Dee Johnson on the Cliffhanger Death(s?), Juliette in the Doorway, Deacon's New Path and More
- Scoop: Glee Casts Skylar Astin in 'Explosive' Role
- Revenge Exclusive: Lost/FNL Alum Brett Cullen Joins Cast as [Spoiler]'s Estranged Father
- More From TVLine