by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Season 2 Premiere Recap: Revolving Spores
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Nashville, Flash, Castle, Good Wife, Originals, CSI, Mistresses, Scream Queens and More
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- More From TVLine
- 'Melrose Place' Is Getting a Lifetime TV Movie Too!
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns Pulled by TV Land Amid Confederate Flag Controversy
- Beyonce's Custom Blue Ivy-Inspired Ring Is All Kinds of Adorable
- Hilary Duff Gets Candid About 'Torturous' Lizzie McGuire Years, Commends Miley Cyrus
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Eminem on Public Access TV and It's as Hilarious as You'd Expect
- More From ET