March 28, 2015
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Hart of Dixie Season Finale Recap: Happy Endings
- Girl Meets World Season Finale Recap: A Date With Destiny
- James Marsters Joins Jenji Kohan's HBO Drama Pilot The Devil You Know
- Killing Jesus Video: Kelsey Grammer's King Herod Meets His Maker
- New Girl Sneak Peek: Jess Makes Sweet Music With NFL Star JJ Watt
- More From TVLine