by Joel Keller, posted Sep 10th 2008 3:40PM
Yes, I know: I just spoke to Carter Bays a couple of months ago, right before How I Met Your Mother's season finale. But there was so much news coming out about the show over the summer -- The Bro Code, a wedding, self-contained episodes, Regis -- that I felt I had to speak to him again before the fourth season started on Sept. 22.
(Well, I actually wanted to talk to both Carter and his show-running partner Craig Thomas, but, as usual, the mystery man was elsewhere. I've met him more than once, though, so I know he does exist.)
Anyway, I could have spoken to Bays at the CBS press tour party in July, but I wanted to get a bit more in depth, so we arranged a phone interview; that took place a couple of weeks ago, right after the third episode of the fourth season wrapped. He was a bit more evasive about those topics than he's been in the past, but he still provided me some good information about the upcoming season, the "haunting" singing voices of his male stars, and what it's like to see his show being played on an airplane. Interview is after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Hemlock Grove' renewed for Season 2 on Netflix
- 'Hot in Cleveland' live summer premiere: Who flubbed first?
- FX orders untitled comedy starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence
- James Gandolfini death: The actor's 10 best Tony Soprano moments
- 'Necessary Roughness' webisodes: Mehcad Brooks' tough TK falls in love ... with a vacuum cleaner
- More From Zap2it
- Sopranos Star James Gandolfini Dead at 51, Hailed as 'One of the Greatest Actors of Any Time'
- Netflix Renews Hemlock Grove for Season 2
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence
- So You Think You Can Dance: Lessons Learned From the Top 20 Announcement Episode
- Exclusive Hannibal Video: Alana and Jack Argue Over Will's Mental Health — Is Their Pal a Killer?
- More From TVLine