We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- We're Mad For the New 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Trailer
- Katniss Prepares For War In New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Teaser
- Kylie & Kendall Jenner Party Down With Chris Brown & Trey Songz
- Stephen Colbert Rocks Full 'Hobbit' Costume To Host Comic-Con Panel
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms He's Going To Start Making 'The Hateful Eight'
- More From ET