Well, MTV has finally caught up, making a visually minor but symbolically huge change to its logo: No more "music television."
Do you watch The Weather Channel? Are you one of those people who can't enough info about high pressure systems and hurricanes? Today is your lucky day. Besides changing their logo (gasp!), the network is creating some new programming to broaden their viewership. They are going to have a morning news program, a regular news broadcast (with a non-weatherman anchor!), and even a Top Ten special, where they'll countdown the snowiest cities, most humid cities, and all that.
More programming? OK. But please don't subject us to some weather reality show. Maybe 10 budding meteorologists stay in a wind tunnel for a month, subjected to all sorts of weather, and the winner gets a Weather Channel gig? Actually, I'd watch that.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.20 Photos: Tony and Zoe Partner Up for a Case
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Latin Night and the Second Elimination
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- More From BuddyTV
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- Flash Boss, Mark Hamill Preview the Trickster's Return, Rogues' Alliance
- Nashville Photos: 'Deyna' in Despair, Juliette's Baby Shower of Fury
- More From TVLine
- Debby Ryan Debuts New Hair Color, Offers to Replace Zayn in One Direction
- Shawn Mendes on His 'Crazy' Fans, Debut Album and Celebrity Crush
- Saying Goodbye to 'Hot in Cleveland': The Ladies Reveal Who's Naughtiest On Set
- ET Surprises Reba McEntire for Her 60th Birthday
- Jay Z Debuts New Music Streaming Service Tidal in Most Awkward Press Conference Ever
- More From ET