Well, MTV has finally caught up, making a visually minor but symbolically huge change to its logo: No more "music television."
Do you watch The Weather Channel? Are you one of those people who can't enough info about high pressure systems and hurricanes? Today is your lucky day. Besides changing their logo (gasp!), the network is creating some new programming to broaden their viewership. They are going to have a morning news program, a regular news broadcast (with a non-weatherman anchor!), and even a Top Ten special, where they'll countdown the snowiest cities, most humid cities, and all that.
More programming? OK. But please don't subject us to some weather reality show. Maybe 10 budding meteorologists stay in a wind tunnel for a month, subjected to all sorts of weather, and the winner gets a Weather Channel gig? Actually, I'd watch that.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 5 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: Confronting Nick and Fantasy Suite Sex
- 'Extant' Episode 4 Photos: An Island Escape
- 'The Fosters' Recap: Brandon Reveals His Secret
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: What's in the Locker is Finally Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Under the Dome Recap: Tunnel Vision
- Teen Wolf Recap: Beta and Switch
- Bachelorette Finale: Who 'Won'? Who Wept? Who Spilled a Sex Secret?
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Casts Shameless Star as Frozen's Hans; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- More From TVLine