Well, MTV has finally caught up, making a visually minor but symbolically huge change to its logo: No more "music television."
Do you watch The Weather Channel? Are you one of those people who can't enough info about high pressure systems and hurricanes? Today is your lucky day. Besides changing their logo (gasp!), the network is creating some new programming to broaden their viewership. They are going to have a morning news program, a regular news broadcast (with a non-weatherman anchor!), and even a Top Ten special, where they'll countdown the snowiest cities, most humid cities, and all that.
More programming? OK. But please don't subject us to some weather reality show. Maybe 10 budding meteorologists stay in a wind tunnel for a month, subjected to all sorts of weather, and the winner gets a Weather Channel gig? Actually, I'd watch that.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- More From TVLine