Have you seen TNT's new show, Leverage yet? It's been called a new age A-Team, but I see it more as a lighthearted combination of Ocean's 11, Alias, Burn Notice and even How I Met Your Mother.
In fact, I'm willing to go out on a limb and state in no uncertain terms that Leverage is the best new show to premiere this season. I would have given the title to The Mentalist previous to Leverage's premiere, but since then, it has continued to steal my heart a little more each week.
What makes Leverage the best new show this season? In no particular order ...
The story is of a burnt out major league pitcher who returns to his hometown to work as a P.E. teacher. Along with the struggles of dealing with his new life out of the limelight, he also has to face up to those people he turned his back on when he became successful. P.E. will be written by Jody Hill, Ben Best, and Danny McBride who were discovered after their indy film, The Foot Fist Way, screened at Sundance.
[ via Netscape ]
I'm not the biggest fan of David E. Kelley, but I'm sure he's too busy counting his stacks of money and making love to Michelle Pfeiffer to care about my opinion, so I'll just mention to any of his fans that might be reading this that he has a new show in the very early planning stages. All we know so far is that it's a comedy/drama that takes place behind the scenes of a morning show. This comes in the wake of his latest show, The Law Firm, being shifted from NBC to Bravo.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Save the (New) Date: Fox Moves Bones Finale
- Nashville: On the Record – 6 Ways the Behind-the-Scenes Concert Special Will Rock You
- Exclusive 24: Live Another Day Gallery — Go Behind the Scenes of Jack Bauer's Big Return
- What to Watch Wednesday: Modern Family Down Under, Nashville in Concert, Survivor and More
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- More From TVLine
- First Look At Chloe Moretz and Denzel Washington In 'The Equalizer'
- Brad Pitt and Brett Ratner Enter Low-Budget Horror World With '3 Videotapes'
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- More From ET