Have you seen TNT's new show, Leverage yet? It's been called a new age A-Team, but I see it more as a lighthearted combination of Ocean's 11, Alias, Burn Notice and even How I Met Your Mother.
In fact, I'm willing to go out on a limb and state in no uncertain terms that Leverage is the best new show to premiere this season. I would have given the title to The Mentalist previous to Leverage's premiere, but since then, it has continued to steal my heart a little more each week.
What makes Leverage the best new show this season? In no particular order ...
The story is of a burnt out major league pitcher who returns to his hometown to work as a P.E. teacher. Along with the struggles of dealing with his new life out of the limelight, he also has to face up to those people he turned his back on when he became successful. P.E. will be written by Jody Hill, Ben Best, and Danny McBride who were discovered after their indy film, The Foot Fist Way, screened at Sundance.
[ via Netscape ]
I'm not the biggest fan of David E. Kelley, but I'm sure he's too busy counting his stacks of money and making love to Michelle Pfeiffer to care about my opinion, so I'll just mention to any of his fans that might be reading this that he has a new show in the very early planning stages. All we know so far is that it's a comedy/drama that takes place behind the scenes of a morning show. This comes in the wake of his latest show, The Law Firm, being shifted from NBC to Bravo.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Alicia Tame Elsbeth's Unquiet Mind?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET