August 27, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Castaways on 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top Moments: Mona, Ali's Lies and a Brutal Murder from 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- A 'Full House' Reboot: 5 More Shows from the 90s We'd Like to See
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 4?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Post Mortem: Latest Victim Reveals Her Ghostly Return, Revenge Plans for Alison and More
- First Trailer: Will Jeffrey Tambor's Transparent Be Amazon's First Big Hit?
- New Survivor Cast Includes Race Twins, Baseball Bad Boy, Clay Aiken's Ex
- Young & Hungry's Emily Osment Teases 'Huge' Wedding Finale Cliffhanger
- The Next Bachelor: Farmer Chris Soules
- More From TVLine
- The 6 Best Moments From the 'Chelsea Lately' Series Finale
- Is Fred Armisen Dating Natasha Lyonne?!
- Donatella Versace Now Holds the Honor of Most Ridiculous ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Janel Parrish Answers Your Burning Questions From the Fatal Finale!
- Exclusive Clip: Girls Preyed Upon by Blood-Drinking Teachers in 'Innocence'
- More From ET