July 1, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Season 2 Premiere Recap: Revolving Spores
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Nashville, Flash, Castle, Good Wife, Originals, CSI, Mistresses, Scream Queens and More
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- More From TVLine
- London Has Fallen Teaser: Get Ready for Gerard Butler and Explosions
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It's Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He's the Best
- More from Vulture
- Beyonce's Custom Blue Ivy-Inspired Ring Is All Kinds of Adorable
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Eminem on Public Access TV and It's as Hilarious as You'd Expect
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Friend Speaks Out About Her Tumultuous Relationship With Nick Gordon
- 'Ant-Man' Star Paul Rudd Can't Get Enough of Fart Jokes
- Watch Tom Cruise Drive a Car Backwards in 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation'
- More From ET