May 4, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Is 'Game of Thrones' Planting Seeds for a Shocking Family Secret?
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Sons of the Harpy'
- 'Bachelor' Couple Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff Plagued with Breakup Rumors
- Teresa Giudice's Lawyer Addresses Rumors About the 'RHONJ' Star
- 'Revenge' Recap: Who Helped Victoria Frame Amanda?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Secrets and Lies Finale Hits Highs, as Good Wife Dips to New Low
- Bruce Jenner to Discuss Transition With Kardashian Family in 2-Part E! Special
- New Girl Finale Video: Hear Winston's Uber-Crucial Voicemail for Cece
- Revenge Series Finale Promo Teases Jack's Grim Fate, Amanda's Last Shot
- Mad Men Recap: Sister Strife
- More From TVLine
- Anna Nicole Smith's Daughter Dannielynn Birkhead Is Cuter Than Ever at Kentucky Derby
- Eva Longoria Makes a Beautiful Barefoot Bridesmaid
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Reveal Daughter's Name: Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
- Ireland Baldwin Leaves Rehab -- Check Out Her New Look
- Yolanda Foster Says Ongoing Battle with Lyme Disease Is a ‘Nightmare'
- More From ET