March 3, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'RHOA' Star Kenya Moore Speaks Out About Phaedra Parks' Infidelity Rumors on 'WWHL'
- 'The Following' Season 3 Premiere: 19 Moments from Joy to Misery in 'New Blood'
- Former 'Bachelorette' Star Andi Dorfman Spotted with Ex Nick Viall, Addresses Dating Rumors
- 'Kardashians' Stars Kendall and Kylie Jenner to Get Own Spinoff?
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Adds Dorinda Medley
- More From BuddyTV
- Video: Kelly Clarkson and Jimmy Fallon Master the History of Duets
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire
- Pilot News: Glee's Jane Lynch to Star as CBS' Angel From Hell
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Admits His Ego is His 'Biggest Achilles Heel,' Internet Calls Him a 'Loser'
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods!
- Aubrey Plaza Gifted 'Parks & Rec' Co-star Aziz Ansari with Blood and Hair (Sorta)
- Jon Stewart Kicks WWE's Seth Rollins Where It Hurts!
- More From ET