October 24, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 21 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'Black Hole Sun'
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Top Looks of 'Finale, Part 2'
- 'The 100' Episode 2.2 Photos: Octavia Confronts the Grounders
- 'Constantine' Cast in Other Roles
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.8 Photos: Jax Meets Up With Jury
- More From BuddyTV
- Marvel's Agent Carter Adds Nikita Alum
- Did Boardwalk Hit Casting Jackpot? Missing DemonDean? Can Elsa Bundle Up? Palicki-est TV Week? And More Qs!
- Degrassi Sneak Peek: Drew Confronts a Pregnant Clare on Season Premiere
- Lauren Graham Lands Odd Couple Gig as Matthew Perry's Ex-Wife
- Ratings: Reign, ABC Dramas Tick Up; Bad Judge, A to Z Slip; Football Pops
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Canceled, Mama June Thanks Fans
- Jenny McCarthy on Sex with Donnie Wahlberg: It Gets Better Every Time
- Aaron Paul Slams Toys 'R' Us for Pulling 'Breaking Bad' Action Figures and Keeping Barbie
- Lamar Odom Won't Sign Khloe Kardashian Divorce Papers
- More From ET