October 22, 2014
by Ryan j Budke, posted Jan 24th 2006 11:44PM
I am a sappy, lovesick guy in his mid-twenties (I turned 25 last week actually), so if there ever was a show tailor made for me, then How I Met Your Mother is it. Or maybe Love Monkey, or Ed, or Friends, or... Whatever, you get the point I'm trying to make. You listen to me week in and week out; I absolutely love this show. Along with the ongoing love story, this show has a very deep sense of
comradery camaraderie. I grew up in the broken generation. The number of friends I have whose parents
are divorced or just not together, is far larger than those whose have parents that are still with each other. Our
ideas of families are radically different; our friends are our family, and that's something that comes across extremely
well in this show. My friends are my family, and just like the mothers and fathers of yesteryear, they're the ones that
keep pushing me to find someone (or at the very least "go out"), so once again, I sympathize with Ted. I'll
go into more detail how, but I'll put it at the end so you can choose whether or not you want to read it (not everyone
has a built in audience of a couple thousand). For now though -- On with the show!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' Recap: A Tribal Switch Pits Couples Against Singles
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Spoilers: Who Are the Teams for Halloween Night?
- 'Arrow' Interview: Willa Holland on Thea's Unusual Relationship with Malcolm, Love for Roy and New 'Kick-Ass Attitude'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- More From BuddyTV
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- Calvin Klein's New Model Opens Up About Battling Her Weight Obsession
- Chrissy Teigen Receives Death Threats Over Tweets on Canada Shooting
- More From ET