by Ryan j Budke, posted Jan 24th 2006 11:44PM
I am a sappy, lovesick guy in his mid-twenties (I turned 25 last week actually), so if there ever was a show tailor made for me, then How I Met Your Mother is it. Or maybe Love Monkey, or Ed, or Friends, or... Whatever, you get the point I'm trying to make. You listen to me week in and week out; I absolutely love this show. Along with the ongoing love story, this show has a very deep sense of
comradery camaraderie. I grew up in the broken generation. The number of friends I have whose parents
are divorced or just not together, is far larger than those whose have parents that are still with each other. Our
ideas of families are radically different; our friends are our family, and that's something that comes across extremely
well in this show. My friends are my family, and just like the mothers and fathers of yesteryear, they're the ones that
keep pushing me to find someone (or at the very least "go out"), so once again, I sympathize with Ted. I'll
go into more detail how, but I'll put it at the end so you can choose whether or not you want to read it (not everyone
has a built in audience of a couple thousand). For now though -- On with the show!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice': Tessanne Chin talks 'therapeutic' semi-finals performance, brunch at Adam Levine's house
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says Matt Smith is final Doctor, what about Peter Capaldi?
- 'WWE RAW' Dec. 9: Daniel Bryan dominates the Slammy Awards and the show
- 'The Sing-Off': Meet Home Free, the first country a cappella group
- 'Sing-Off': Princeton Footnotes''I Knew You Were Trouble' not enough to save them
- More From Zap2it
- The Sing-Off Season 4 Premiere Recap: For Whom the A Capella Tolls
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Recap: Six Thousand Little Ichabods
- The Voice Season 5 Semifinal Performance Recap: Keep Calm and 'Carry On' [Updated]
- Sleepy Hollow: More Corbin? Suspect Sin Eater? An Ichabbie Weekend? And More Burning Qs
- TVLine Items: Murphy Brown Reunion, Bonnie & Clyde Ratings, Sarah Palin's New Gig and More!
- More From TVLine