October 25, 2014
by Ryan j Budke, posted Jan 24th 2006 11:44PM
I am a sappy, lovesick guy in his mid-twenties (I turned 25 last week actually), so if there ever was a show tailor made for me, then How I Met Your Mother is it. Or maybe Love Monkey, or Ed, or Friends, or... Whatever, you get the point I'm trying to make. You listen to me week in and week out; I absolutely love this show. Along with the ongoing love story, this show has a very deep sense of
comradery camaraderie. I grew up in the broken generation. The number of friends I have whose parents
are divorced or just not together, is far larger than those whose have parents that are still with each other. Our
ideas of families are radically different; our friends are our family, and that's something that comes across extremely
well in this show. My friends are my family, and just like the mothers and fathers of yesteryear, they're the ones that
keep pushing me to find someone (or at the very least "go out"), so once again, I sympathize with Ted. I'll
go into more detail how, but I'll put it at the end so you can choose whether or not you want to read it (not everyone
has a built in audience of a couple thousand). For now though -- On with the show!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- More From TVLine