March 4, 2015
by Jane Boursaw, posted Jul 13th 2009 2:03PM
I've been really curious to see what TNT's Dark Blue is all about. It's got a few things going for it right off the bat: producer Jerry Bruckheimer and lead actor Dylan McDermott. I can't say I'm all about the police dramas, but those two guys made me want to check it out.
Plus, it's on TNT, which has been running edgier shows lately, like Saving Grace, The Closer, and Leverage. The network is sort of a cross between HBO and USA, with some FX thrown in.
On my first viewing of the Dark Blue pilot, it came across as just another procedural about a brooding cop (McDermott) whose team walks the line between right and wrong. But I knew in my heart there was more, so I watched it again.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol: The Top 24's Motown Week Song Choices Revealed!
- Catfish's Nev Schulman Grades 7 of TV's Top Impostors from Arrow to PLL
- Grey's Anatomy Preview: How Are April and Jackson Weathering Their Loss?
- Pilot Scoop: Giovanni Ribisi Lands Title Role in CBS Drama Sneaky Pete
- House of Cards Season 3 Premiere Recap: 19 Must-See Moments
- More From TVLine
- David Beckham Embarrasses His Son Brooklyn With a Super Sweet Happy 16th Birthday Message
- 'The Osbournes' Mysterious Daughter Returns With an Amazing Voice and Creepy Music Video
- Idiot Criminal Gets Arrested After Taunting Police on Facebook
- A Shirtless Justin Bieber Covers 'Men's Health,' Talks Growing Up Too Fast
- Karrueche Tran Responds to Reports That Chris Brown Has a 9-Month-Old Daughter
- More From ET