September 4, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 18th 2009 1:50AM
(S01E15) The Mentalist never fails to entertain, even when the case is obvious. There was something about the writing or directing of this show early in the season; I could peg every killer nearly the moment he or she was onscreen, because of the weird shifty thing they did.
Well, that didn't happen in this episode; instead, they dropped the biggest, most obvious clue in the history of procedurals. I kept hoping that it was a red herring, but no. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy this episode; I loved the twists and turns the case took, but I hated knowing, absolutely knowing, who the killer was, in that different way than just the shifty stuff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scott Porter Joins Robert Kirkman's Exorcism Drama Outcast
- Hand of God: Is Amazon's Newest Drama Heaven or Hell?
- Gotham Deleted Scene: Gordon Gets a Peek at His and Harvey Dent's Future
- You're the Worst Boss on Jimmy and Gretchen's 'Dark' Turn, a 'Gross' Coupling & Sunday Funday Part Two
- Rookie Blue Boss on Series Finale-Like Ending, Andy and Sam's Wedding, [Spoiler]'s Goodbye and Season 7
- More From TVLine
- Blake Lively Reveals the Trainer That Helped Her With Her Cellulite
- Janet Jackson Unveils 'Unbreakable' Title Track: Listen
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Seen Smiling After Family Counseling
- Tom Brady's Ex Bridget Moynahan Congratulates Him on Deflategate Win
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- More From ET