March 3, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 18th 2009 1:50AM
(S01E15) The Mentalist never fails to entertain, even when the case is obvious. There was something about the writing or directing of this show early in the season; I could peg every killer nearly the moment he or she was onscreen, because of the weird shifty thing they did.
Well, that didn't happen in this episode; instead, they dropped the biggest, most obvious clue in the history of procedurals. I kept hoping that it was a red herring, but no. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy this episode; I loved the twists and turns the case took, but I hated knowing, absolutely knowing, who the killer was, in that different way than just the shifty stuff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- NCIS: LA Brings Back Alicia Coppola
- Community Season 6 Trailer Teases Greendale's Weirdest Year Yet
- Syfy Sets Dates for Bitten Season 2, Lost Girl's Farewell Run and More
- Man Seeking Woman Renewed for Season 2 at FXX
- Pilot News: Wonder Years' Fred Savage Is Rob Lowe's Bro in Fox's The Grinder
- More From TVLine
- Chloe Bennet & Clark Gregg Tease Skye's 'Inhuman' Transformation on 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD'
- Aubrey Plaza Gifted 'Parks & Rec' Co-star Aziz Ansari with Blood and Hair (Sorta)
- Michael Jordan Joins Forbes' Billionaire List
- Elsa Pataky 'Will Never' Tell Her Hubby Chris Hemsworth He's 'Beautiful and Fit'
- Christie Brinkley Weighs In on Controversial 'Unretouched' Cindy Crawford Photo
- More From ET