by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 18th 2009 1:50AM
(S01E15) The Mentalist never fails to entertain, even when the case is obvious. There was something about the writing or directing of this show early in the season; I could peg every killer nearly the moment he or she was onscreen, because of the weird shifty thing they did.
Well, that didn't happen in this episode; instead, they dropped the biggest, most obvious clue in the history of procedurals. I kept hoping that it was a red herring, but no. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy this episode; I loved the twists and turns the case took, but I hated knowing, absolutely knowing, who the killer was, in that different way than just the shifty stuff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Flash' gets a Ghostbuster? Ernie Hudson may join the 'Arrow' spinoff
- LL Cool J supplies the eggnog, Guy Fieri brings the crabs: What stars eat at the holidays
- 'How I Met Your Mother' series finale will air in March
- 'Salem': Witches are everywhere in first look at WGN America's series
- 'MasterChef Junior' renewed for Season 2 on FOX
- More From Zap2it
- Hannibal Back For Seconds on Feb. 28
- Idol Exclusive Promo: Hugs for the Holidays
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Bones, Castle, NCIS, Once, Arrow, Supernatural, TVD and More!
- CBS Announces How I Met Your Mother Finale Airdate (March?!) and Timeslot Successor
- TVLine Items: Cybill Shepherd Is Trophy Wife's Mother, Doctor Who Gets Naked and More
- More From TVLine