March 10, 2014
by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 18th 2009 1:50AM
(S01E15) The Mentalist never fails to entertain, even when the case is obvious. There was something about the writing or directing of this show early in the season; I could peg every killer nearly the moment he or she was onscreen, because of the weird shifty thing they did.
Well, that didn't happen in this episode; instead, they dropped the biggest, most obvious clue in the history of procedurals. I kept hoping that it was a red herring, but no. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy this episode; I loved the twists and turns the case took, but I hated knowing, absolutely knowing, who the killer was, in that different way than just the shifty stuff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- More From BuddyTV
- 'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9, episode 20 - 'Daisy': Something good happens after 2 a.m.
- 'Bones' Season 9, episode 16: Terrorism and life insurance in 'The Source in the Sludge'
- 'Star-Crossed': Atrian lover Victoria Platt on her baby daddy reveal
- 'Revenge' reveals a mother of a twist in post-Olympics return, 'Payback'
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 4 spoilers: A new teacher and student coming to Beacon Hills
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Alana De La Garza, Gabourey Sidibe, American Dreams Dad Among Latest Castings
- Teen Wolf Adds Flowers in the Attic's Mason Dye
- HIMYM Recap: Marshall Uncovers Lily's Secret
- Revenge First Look: Emily and Victoria Face Off (and Get Physical) in Fabulous Fashion
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals' Mystery Girls and More
- More From TVLine