Virgin America, the newest start-up airline in these United States, has inked a deal with Sundance Channel to create a customer in-flight channel for it's passengers.
The new channel, Sundance Channel for Virgin America (catchy, ain't it?) will feature a collection of the cable network's feature films and documentaries as well as original programming such as Iconoclasts and Kath and Kim. In addition, Sunny Virgin (which I think is a much better name for the in-flight network) will air original episodes of the new documentary series Nimrod Nation three weeks before they air on the cable network. Nation, which will focus on the town of Watersmeet, Michigan and their obsession with their high school basketball team (the Nimrods) will air on the in-flight channel on November 1st, while it will air on the Sundance Channel on November 26th.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- One Direction Drops Surprise Single One Day After Zayn Malik's New Record Deal
- 6 Revelations About Christine Ouzounian, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Former Nanny
- Jason Bateman on TV Mom Valerie Harper: 'I Hope She Gets Through It OK'
- Woody Allen Talks Candidly About 'Paternal' Relationship With Wife Soon-Yi Previn
- Mariah Carey Poses as Marie Antoinette, Katy Perry Channels Elizabeth Taylor – See the Pics!
- More From ET