The three new one-hour dramas, called 'Nine Lives,' 'Switched at Birth' and 'Strut,' are geared toward the network's Millenial viewers, EVP of original programming and development Kate Juergens said. "These pilots offer a great mix of heartfelt and compelling storytelling that our audience has come to expect from us," she said in a statement.
After the jump, read descriptions of the three new shows.
The Hollywood Reporter says that NBC might pick up the show. It all depends on whether or not they like the new script, which is being written by Les Bohem. It's about people who unleash something evil when they try to reunite with family members who have died. That might sound slightly similar to 'Ghost Whisperer' or 'Medium' but it sounds more epic, likes there's something bigger to the overall plot than standalone episodes.
The Hollywood Reporter brings news that the network is interested in the sci-fi drama series, executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Les Bohem and DreamWorks' Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. 'Nine Lives' was originally pitched to Syfy as a 12-hour miniseries in 2007.
It seems that little bombshell the Lost producers dropped about an "endpoint" had the reporters all atwitter, as the two were peppering him with questions about it. Before we knew it the table was jam packed with reporters, asking McPherson if he knew about this endpoint and when it might be. When he speculated it might be after a seventh season, one reporter chimed in that "they said it might be after five." But McPherson was smooth throughout, telling everyone that he's been talking with the producers about an endpoint almost since the beginning of the series, and he didn't seem to be that concerned about it.
As the conversation turned from Lost to other shows, I decided to throw him a question about my favorite fall disappointment, The Nine.
He was just added to an ensemble cast of an ABC drama called Nine Lives, about nine people whose lives collide when they are all part of a botched bank robbery. Daly is a terrific comedic actor, but his IMDB bio shows he has quite an extensive acting resume in dramatic roles. Co-stars include Dana Davis (aka Cora Briggs on Veronica Mars) and Scott Wolf (Party of Five).
I wrote about this show way back in December when it was first brought to the table and I hadn't heard anything since, but it appears that the wheels are still turning. Nine Lives (at least that was the tentative title, may have changed by now) was picked up by ABC in December but there was no one attached to it except the show's creator Hank Steinberg (he's behind Without a Trace).
However, it looks like we won't be seeing Audrey Raines in the sixth season of 24 because Kim Raver has signed on to join Nine Lives. The show follows nine complete strangers who were involved in a bank robbery gone awry and then examines the impact the incident has on their lives. Sounds like it could be pretty good.
There were some other casting announcements in that link above but the only other one that caught my eye was Eddie Kaye Thomas (he played Finch in the American Pie films) has been cast in a new FOX sitcom called 'Til Death. Thomas will play a newlywed husband in the show. Seeing as how it's on FOX though, I can only assume the show will air on no less than four different nights in at least five different time slots leading up to it's quick cancellation.
Also picked up by SciFi:
- Who wants to be a Superhero?, a reality series that follows Stan Lee as he puts contestants through challenges to help them find their super strength;
- Medium at Large, a reality series that features psychic Char Margolis;
- The Gift, reality series that follows people in boot camp for intuitives;
- The Bridge, a comedy-drama about a group of cynical souls trapped in purgatory and the good deeds they must do to get out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Following' Recap: Joe Continues to Taunt Ryan on Death Row
- 'The Originals' Recap: Dahlia Pits the Mikaelsons Against One Another
- 'The Voice' Recap: The Top 10 Perform
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Cast and (Widow?) Storyline Details
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- Castle Recap: Thanks for the Memories
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: Muting and the Beasts
- More From TVLine
- 7 Biggest Surprise Appearances at Coachella: Kanye, Madonna and More!
- Zachary Levi & Missy Peregrym File for Divorce After Less Than 1 Year of Marriage
- 'DWTS' Season 20: Week 6 Heads to the Beach for Spring Break!
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose's Son Adorably Sings Dad's Hit Songs!
- William Shatner Remembers Leonard Nimoy: 'I Never Had a Friend Like That'
- More From ET