Not Ready for Prime Time Players
As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with numbers 30-21, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the numerous stand-up comedians who became sitcom stars. In this installment we look at one particular TV comedy that made stars out of a number of actors and actresses.
I'm talking about NBC's Saturday Night Live. Since its premiere in 1975, the late-night sketch show has given us a slew of actors and actresses who have made the move onto both the big and small screen. Sometimes the move was towards more comedy, sometimes it was a switch to more serious roles, other times it was a little bit of both. And, while many of those who made it are still in the public eye these days, some of the greatest of those who came from Studio 8H had their careers snuffed out way too early.
The amount of those who rose to the top varied from cast to cast. Some casts, like the very first one, produced a whole slew of talent who went on to bigger and better things. Others, like the first casts from 1980-85 and the mid-1990s, produced very little in the way of big stars.
Well, now she's back in another ABC comedy pilot, called Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office. She plays the feared assistant of a nice woman who tries to make it in corporate America (Jayma Mays). I can see her in that kind of role; Curtin has always been good at playing the prim and proper woman who has a streak of something sexy or mean or evil underneath.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Which 4 Girls are Going Home?
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19 Finale Preview: Chris Soules Struggles with His Final Decision
- More From BuddyTV
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Margaux Gets Emily Right Where She Wants Her
- Ratings: Empire Breaks 14 Million, Idol Drops, CSI: Cyber Solid, Middle Rises
- Banshee Penultimate Season 3 Sneak Peek: Job's Cover Blown!
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Donna's Surprise Move, Harvey's 'Emotional Block' and Mike and Rachel's [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine
- Frankie Ballard Proves He's No One Hit Wonder With 'Sunshine & Whiskey': Behind the Hit
- Chelsea Handler Goes Topless to Deny Breast Lift Reports
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Platinum Blonde Hair
- Adam Sandler and Bob Barker Reignite 'Happy Gilmore' Feud
- Jack Antonoff to Host MTV Woodie Awards at SXSW
- More From ET