Not Ready for Prime Time Players
As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with numbers 30-21, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the numerous stand-up comedians who became sitcom stars. In this installment we look at one particular TV comedy that made stars out of a number of actors and actresses.
I'm talking about NBC's Saturday Night Live. Since its premiere in 1975, the late-night sketch show has given us a slew of actors and actresses who have made the move onto both the big and small screen. Sometimes the move was towards more comedy, sometimes it was a switch to more serious roles, other times it was a little bit of both. And, while many of those who made it are still in the public eye these days, some of the greatest of those who came from Studio 8H had their careers snuffed out way too early.
The amount of those who rose to the top varied from cast to cast. Some casts, like the very first one, produced a whole slew of talent who went on to bigger and better things. Others, like the first casts from 1980-85 and the mid-1990s, produced very little in the way of big stars.
Well, now she's back in another ABC comedy pilot, called Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office. She plays the feared assistant of a nice woman who tries to make it in corporate America (Jayma Mays). I can see her in that kind of role; Curtin has always been good at playing the prim and proper woman who has a streak of something sexy or mean or evil underneath.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- 'Better Call Saul': 11 Foreshadowing Moments to 'Breaking Bad' You Probably Missed
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.18 Photos: Charlie Finds the Book of the Dead
- The 11 Best Moments from 'Comedy Central's Roast of Justin Bieber'
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- More From BuddyTV
- Flash Post Mortem: EP, Matt Letscher Talk Eobard's Twist, Season 2 Plans
- Heroes Reborn Star Zachary Levi Tweets First Cast Photo
- Bloodline Renewed for Season 2
- Mysteries of Laura: Police Academy's Steve Guttenberg to the Rescue?
- Charlotte Ross On Her Warm Arrow Welcome ('I've Never Seen Anything Like It'), Helping Felicity Choose
- More From TVLine
- 'The Flash' Boss Talks [SPOILER]'s Discovery, Wells' Shocking Origin & What's Next
- Ringo Starr: Paul McCartney Helped Me Get Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Alyssa Milano Says She Loves Her Stretch Marks
- Gigi Hadid on Life After the Runway: 'It's Not Just OK Anymore to Model Until You're 25'
- 'Dovekeepers' Stars Cote de Pablo & Diego Boneta Talk Steamy 'Sensual' Scenes
- More From ET