Not Ready for Prime Time Players
As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with numbers 30-21, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the numerous stand-up comedians who became sitcom stars. In this installment we look at one particular TV comedy that made stars out of a number of actors and actresses.
I'm talking about NBC's Saturday Night Live. Since its premiere in 1975, the late-night sketch show has given us a slew of actors and actresses who have made the move onto both the big and small screen. Sometimes the move was towards more comedy, sometimes it was a switch to more serious roles, other times it was a little bit of both. And, while many of those who made it are still in the public eye these days, some of the greatest of those who came from Studio 8H had their careers snuffed out way too early.
The amount of those who rose to the top varied from cast to cast. Some casts, like the very first one, produced a whole slew of talent who went on to bigger and better things. Others, like the first casts from 1980-85 and the mid-1990s, produced very little in the way of big stars.
Well, now she's back in another ABC comedy pilot, called Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office. She plays the feared assistant of a nice woman who tries to make it in corporate America (Jayma Mays). I can see her in that kind of role; Curtin has always been good at playing the prim and proper woman who has a streak of something sexy or mean or evil underneath.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Which Juror Returns and Who Is the Week 10 HoH?
- 'Graceland' Recap: Can Paul Be Trusted?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: All Hail the Queen
- 'Project Runway' Recap: Metropolitan Mary Kay
- More From BuddyTV
- Julie Benz Previews Defiance Finale, Ponders Buffy/Angel Twitter Parties
- Disney Channel's Invisible Sister Gets Premiere Date — Also, See First Photo
- Big Bang Season 9: The Force Will Awaken Sheldon, Leonard & Co.
- Homeland Season 5 Finds Saul 'Ignited' in Wake of [Spoiler]
- Rookie Blue Recap: McNally On the Run
- More From TVLine
- She's 50?! Sarah Jessica Parker Stuns in Sexy Swimsuit During Ibiza Vacation
- Caitlyn Jenner Desires a 'Normal Relationship' and for a Man to Treat Her Like a Woman
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Nicki Minaj for Starting a 'Pop Star War' Over VMA Nominations
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Danced Barefoot on Billy Joel's Piano in Chicago - See the Video!
- Simon Cowell Doesn't Know If One Direction Will Split Up: 'I Hope They'll Come Back Together'
- More From ET