Show: The Day After
I hope this post doesn't feel like a cop-out. I tried really hard to find a more traditional scary character and couldn't think of one; the fact of the matter is, monsters and freaks don't scare me. I don't really have an explanation for this other than the fact that I live in New Jersey so seeing monsters and freaks isn't that big a deal.
The Day After is about nuclear holocaust. It might be hard for some of our younger readers to understand just how scary the world was in the early eighties. To give you some historical context: we had a right-wing hawkish president in office, there were rising tensions with the Russians, and the Middle East was destabilized.
Uh, you know what, maybe our younger readers actually don't need any historical context to understand The Day After. Here's all you need to know about the movie: it was scary as hell...
My favorite part of a liveblog is the family atmosphere it tends to create (check out the Testament-like way we all gave each other comfort and support during the VMA liveblog in the face of Britney's "comeback"), so I'm hoping all of you will join us tomorrow. Run the bubble-bath, pop open the chardonnay, and charge up the laptop, 'cause we're all about to bask in the glow of Seacrest together.
(S01E11) So Gracie the store owner is dead, stabbed by an unknown assailant, and you just know five minutes into the show that the person who is suspected of the crime, is not the guilty party. And when Mitchell comes back into town, injured, saying that Jonah "confessed" to the crime and then ran off, you know that Jonah didn't do it. But Gray and the townspeople form a posse to go get Jonah anyway. He's hiding at Emily's house, and Jake finds him there, bleeding to death.
Dale finds guilty about the way he quit the job at Gracie's store, but Gail has some shocking news for him: Gracie left the store to him in her will.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Julianne Hough Returning to DWTS… As a Fourth Judge — Yea or Nay?
- SYTYCD Top 6 Recap: It's Gonna Be a Bride, Sunshiney Day [Updated]
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Louis' Power Play, Mike/Rachel's Future
- Castle's Derrick Storm Novels Being Developed Into New ABC Series
- The CW's iZombie Recasts Its Mother
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Insane Cleavage in This Near Wardrobe Malfunction
- Miley Cyrus Returning to MTV VMAs
- Julianne Hough Will Be the 4th Judge on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Carson Daly Welcomes New Daughter London Rose
- Aaron Paul Hosting 'Breaking Bad' Scavenger Hunt on Emmy Awards Day
- More From ET