Actor Henry Winkler was given an honorary O.B.E. (Order of the British Empire) in a ceremony at the British Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The citation reads: "Henry Winkler, the well-known American actor and director, has been made an Honorary Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in recognition of his services to children with dyslexia and special educational needs."
Winkler, who was diagnosed with dyslexia as an adult, has spent much of the last two years touring the U.K. educating schoolchildren, educators and policy makers about dyslexia and other learning difficulties. He said he is "very honored, very proud" to have been awarded the honorary O.B.E.
Hell's Kitchen host and chef Gordon Ramsay got an OBE (Order of the British Empire) yesterday in Scotland.
Don't worry, he actually wore a suit and tie and didn't swear at the Queen even once. The article above also says that he hosts a show on Channel 4 titled The F Word. Anyone know what that is?
By the way, Hell's Kitchen is doing rather well in the ratings this summer for FOX, consistently placing in the top 20 shows of the week.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- More From BuddyTV
- Outlander Recap: I Love It When a Clan Comes Together
- Downton Abbey: First Season 5 Trailer Features Surprise Hookups, Raging Infernos, Exposed Secrets
- Looking Finds Season 2 Gigs for Crossbones Co-Star, Late Night Comic
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Finding Carter and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Anna Paquin
- More From TVLine