Actor Henry Winkler was given an honorary O.B.E. (Order of the British Empire) in a ceremony at the British Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The citation reads: "Henry Winkler, the well-known American actor and director, has been made an Honorary Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in recognition of his services to children with dyslexia and special educational needs."
Winkler, who was diagnosed with dyslexia as an adult, has spent much of the last two years touring the U.K. educating schoolchildren, educators and policy makers about dyslexia and other learning difficulties. He said he is "very honored, very proud" to have been awarded the honorary O.B.E.
Hell's Kitchen host and chef Gordon Ramsay got an OBE (Order of the British Empire) yesterday in Scotland.
Don't worry, he actually wore a suit and tie and didn't swear at the Queen even once. The article above also says that he hosts a show on Channel 4 titled The F Word. Anyone know what that is?
By the way, Hell's Kitchen is doing rather well in the ratings this summer for FOX, consistently placing in the top 20 shows of the week.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bob's Burgers Renewed for Seasons 7, 8
- Arrow Sneak Peek: Damien Darhk Lays Out His Evil Plot for Star City
- The 100 Video: Go Inside One of Clarke and Finn's Biggest Season 2 Scuffles
- Ratings: Scream Queens Slips Again
- Bones Sneak Peek: Booth Fights for Survival — Watch the Gross Video
- More From TVLine
- Amy Schumer Reveals a Richer, Humbler Side of Herself in Hilarious 'SNL' Promos
- 'Duck Dynasty' Stars Reveal the One Struggle That Had Them Questioning God
- Julianne Moore Reveals Her Natural, Uncontrollable Hair to Ellen DeGeneres
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men March 2014
- Christina Aguilera Returning to 'The Voice' for Season 10
- More From ET