Michael Scott has moved on to a new love interest this season (played by Amy Pietz), but according to EW's The Ausiello Files, Holly Flax may not be done. Ausiello quotes 'Office' executive producer and co-star Paul Lieberstein (he plays HR guy Toby) as saying he wants to bring Holly (Amy Ryan) back next year.
(S04E04) Nobody would ever doubt that Chief Brenda Johnson is a smart woman, but how smart was it of her to use Fritz the way she did? That's the question I came away with after seeing this episode. Is closing a case so important for the closer that she'd mess up her personal relationship?
Fritz was rightfully incensed by Brenda's tactics, and yet I could see it from her point of view, too. I guess that's why The Closer remains such a good drama -- the conflicts are real and there are no easy answers.
As we've readily seen so far this year, Michael Scott is an egotistical maniac. However, we have seen at times his more "human" side as well as his frailties. Upon arriving at the office one morning, he discovers a foul stench and sees that someone did a number two right on his carpet. He can't stand the smell, and immediately gets the cleaning lady to come up and clean, but it still reeks, and he then arranges to have the carpet removed and replaced with another one.
Michael is aghast that someone would do this to him because he thought was a beloved figure at Dunder Mifflin. He begins thinking about the previous district manager Ed Truck, who was not exactly popular with Michael or the rest of the staff. As his office is being cleaned up, Michael decides to sit at Jim's desk, and Jim ends up moving to the back and shares space with Kelly, who talks his ears off while he tries to work.
Michael tries to joke around with the staff, including a "raid" with Dwight in the accounting section, but everyone is too focused on their jobs. He continues to wonder why someone would do that do him by calling it an act of "terrorism." In order to pump up the staff, he starts a sales contest with the winner to get $83 out of his pocket. However, no one is very interested, and he decides to punish everyone by having them sit quietly, despite the ringing phones.
Michael Scott (Steve Carell) was at his obnoxious best (or worst, depending on your point of view) in this episode. It's Spring Cleaning Day at Dunder Mifflin--although it's January, Michael wants to get it done today. Everybody has assigned tasks, and we can see that Dwight is a perfect fit in a supervisory role. We also learn that Oscar is out sick--on a Friday, no less--and Michael and Dwight call him at home to make sure everything's on the up and up. Michael is convinced that Oscar is suffering from the flu, but Dwight is not so sure, and undertakes an investigation.
At the same time, Pam is discussing her upcoming wedding to Roy. Michael inquires of Jim what the "411" is with his crush on her, but Jim implores him to keep it quiet. Michael, of course, can't keep it to himself and basically follows Jim around the office and makes veiled comments about the situation. Michael is acting like an annoying high-school kid, and Jim is doing everything possible to keep things on the down-low. Finally, Michael asks Jim out to lunch, so Jim reluctantly agrees.
Meanwhile, Dwight continues his investigation into Oscar being sick, and he ends up explaining with lying is, with little effect. Michael and Jim make it to lunch at Hooters, and you can tell Jim is very uncomfortable being around Michael, who makes bad breast jokes and has the Hooter girls sing "Happy Birthday" to him, even though it wasn't his birthday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.4 Photos: What Does Wes Find Out About Rebecca's 'Disappearance'?
- 'Bones' Recap: A Grieving and Ballsy Hero Comes Home
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Maybe Baby
- Bones Boss on [Spoiler]'s Split, New Loves, Reigniting Booth/Brennan's Fire
- Vampire Diaries Premiere: EP Explains Enzo's Choice, Caroline's Confession and the Salvatores' Future Threat
- Pretty Little Liars' New Intro: See All 5 Girls in the Season 6B Title Sequence
- The Voice: Pre-Battle Rounds Rankings for Each Season 9 Team
- More From TVLine
- Nick Cannon's Kids Took Him to Chuck E. Cheese's for His 35th Birthday and It's Adorable
- Snooki Gets Candid About Her Post-Birth Bod: It Was 'Just a Big, Black Hole'
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt on Life as a New Dad: 'It Makes Me Really Happy'
- Jack Black on Losing His Brother to AIDS: 'The Worst Thing I Can Possibly Imagine'
- Are Drake and Serena Williams Engaged? Not So Fast...
- More From ET