As usual, Richard was a complete tool, particularly targeting George's boast that all of his vegetables come from within 100 miles. So Richard insisted that his are from within 50 miles, which has to be like, twice as good, right?
Paul, trying to be supportive, may have told her that he was fine with not having sex, but that wasn't true. Poor Andrea found that out first-hand when she accidentally walked in on Paul taking care of his "frustrations" himself.
When Cathy confronted him about it, he admitted that he was frustrated. She had, after all, just had an affair with another man and they'd had all kinds of crazy sex in all kinds of crazy places. And now, with him, she wanted nothing.
Laura Linney plays a woman living with a diagnosis of cancer, with Platt as her husband. The show does actually broach the subject of farting, and that's the clip 'Today' chose to introduce Platt. Platt has enjoyed being on 'The Big C,' but said the farting scene was not particularly pleasant.
Gifford said aggressive farting was just "another day at my house." "I've heard about Frank," said Platt. Gifford declined to blame Frank, but refused to reveal the culprit. Do tannins cause flatulence?
Showtime is known for its programs with strong leading ladies -- just look at 'United States of Tara' and 'Nurse Jackie' -- so Emmy-winner Linney should feel right at home with this new comedy about a suburban housewife whose life is turned upside by a cancer diagnosis.
The series was created by Darlene Hunt. Hunt will also serve as executive producer, along with Linney, Neal H. Moritz and Vivian Cannon. Joining Linney in the half-hour comedy are Oliver Platt and Gabourey Sidibe.
The title, actually, is altered from the original announcement. Instead of The C-Word, it's now The Big C. Linney's character is a wife and mother who is diagnosed with cancer and her life is dramatically altered.
That sounds like a simple -- perhaps obvious -- situation. However, cancer is something that has touched nearly everybody's life in some way and The Big C should have instant universal appeal.
• On the heels of word coming out that Gabourey Sidibe is in negotiations for a possible recurring role on 'The C Word,' as we reported, the show has secured another major actor. Multiple Emmy, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award nominee Oliver Platt has been cast as the husband of lead Laura Linney. His narcissistic man-child will join Linney, John Benjamin Hickey and Phyllis Somerville as regulars on the Showtime series. [The Hollywood Reporter]
Read more casting news, after the jump ...
Oliver Platt, last seen in the Showtime series Huff, will star in the ABC comedy pilot The Thick of It, about workers for a low-level congressman. The show is executive produced by Arrested Development creator Mitchell Hurwitz and based on the British comedy of the same name.
Chris Lowell (Veronica Mars) will join previously cast Tim Daly and Taye Diggs in the two-hour Grey's Anatomy episode meant to serve as a springboard to a possible Grey's Anatomy spinoff.
Steve Howey of Reba has been cast in The Beast, about a womanizing veterinarian who hates animals. Tucker Cawley, a writer and executive producer for Everybody Loves Raymond, will also write and executive produce the comedy pilot for FOX. The series is based on the British comedy Beast.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: The Hunter Becomes the Hunted
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.15 Photos: Will David Take Down the White House and OPA?
- 'Backstrom' Recap: Backstrom Learns What His Future Holds
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 Finale Recap: Over Her Dead Body
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Herman's Head
- American Idol Recap: Chick Magnetism
- Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira
- Arrow/Flash 'Team-Up' Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others
- More From TVLine
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' Finale: The Killer Revealed and 4 More Shocking Moments
- Gisele Bundchen's Wedding Day Was Even More Adorable Than You Imagine
- Jennifer Lawrence's Pajama Pants: 11 Deeply Reflective Questions They Bring to Mind
- Kanye West Breaks Down in Tears When Discussing the Loss of His Friend
- Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert Break Out the '90s Gear for Cover Band Show
- More From ET