One Day at a Time
New season releases on these 10 shows have been missing for a long time, but if you're a fan don't give up hope. Both 'Leave it to Beaver' and 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' are now back on track after years of non-activity, so anything is possible.
Check out our where are they now update for the scoop on the stars behind the show that was -- trivia alert -- co-created by Whitney Blake, the mother of 'Family Ties' star Meredith Baxter (and based on Blake's experiences as a single mom).
Bonus: I didn't realize that One Day at a Time was based on the life of Meredith Baxter's family.
On June 9, Sony will release The Norman Lear Collection, a 19-disc set that will include the first seasons of the shows that Norman Lear did over the years, including All in the Family, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, Maude, One Day At A Time, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, and Good Times. The set will include lots of bonus material, including new interviews with people like Rob Reiner and Jimmie Walker, along with the two unseen pilots for All in the Family, Those Were The Days and And Justice For All (in the original pilot, the Bunkers' last name was actually Justice).
Bertinelli has just been signed to star in a TBS sitcom as a mother of two. Good lord, One Day at a Time was more than thirty years ago! By my estimations that would make her ... let's see, she was a teenager then ... yes I know you can find her birthday easy enough online ... cross-reference how much hotter she was than Mackenzie Phillips ... then carry Schneider's creepy factor of 9.5 and you get ... one hundred and thirty two years old! Amazing! She doesn't look a day over forty-eight. I've gotta find that spring.
We seem to be in the middle of a Valerie Bertinelli renaissance.
First Bertinelli signed up with Jenny Craig and is the new spokesperson (bye-bye Kirstie Alley), then she became a correspondent for Rachael Ray, then she released a memoir, and then she made the inevitable appearance on Oprah. She was also on Larry King Live earlier this week and when he asked her if she would like to do a talk show, she didn't say "hey, I already have one!" but that must have been the case, because she has one. Bertinelli has signed with CBS to develop a new talk show for the 2009-10 season.
First she lost all that weight on Jenny Craig, and now she might gain it all back.
Actress Valerie Bertinelli is joining Rachael Ray. She'll be a celebrity content buddy, doing stories about food and family and being a working mom. Her first show will be tomorrow, October 23. Bertinelli will report from New Orleans, where she'll give women a guide to Monday Night Football and cook gumbo.
I've always liked Bertinelli. It's about time she's back on television in some way. I hope she gets her own series. Something tells me that she'll be more likable than Ray on her appearances on the show, though "celebrity content buddy" has to be one of the most annoying titles I've ever heard.
Valerie Bertinelli, who many remember as Barbara Cooper on One Day at a Time, is publishing her first book, a memoir titled Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time. The book will focus on Bertinelli's life as a young TV star, and her battles with weight gain and depression.
Bertinelli also appeared on Touched by an Angel and is currently a spokesperson for Jenny Craig.
Honestly, I think she looks a lot better with a little extra weight. Not that my five year old self didn't pine for the younger, skinnier Bertinelli when she was on One Day at a Time, but I don't likes m' ladies to be all skin and bones, you know? Of course you do.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following' Interview: EP Alexi Hawley Teases You Won't Know Where the Danger is Coming From This Season
- Should 'Sleepy Hollow' Be Renewed for Season 3?
- 4 Reasons to Watch 'The Following' Season 3
- 'Kardashians' Star Khloe Kardashian and 'RHOA' Star NeNe Leakes Rumored to Join 'Fashion Police'
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Preview: Women Tell All
- More From BuddyTV
- Photos: Meet Daredevil's Crime Kingpin
- Outlander Video: How Caitriona Balfe Nabbed Her Role With One Line
- Last Man on Earth: Will Forte Weighs In on That Cameo You Might've Missed
- Battle Creek: Does This Procedural Boast CBS' Better Odd Couple?
- Secrets and Lies: What's Your Verdict on ABC's New Murder Mystery?
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Clarkson: 'I Don't Care If My Children Are Gay'
- Bill Murray and Rick Ross Get In the Studio Together
- Bitter Apple: Bethenny Frankel Is Back in New ‘Real Housewives of New York' Trailer
- Too Cute! Chris Hemsworth Does Beach Yoga with Daughter India
- Is Carly Rae Jepsen's 'I Really Like You' the New 'Call Me Maybe'?
- More From ET