One Day at a Time
New season releases on these 10 shows have been missing for a long time, but if you're a fan don't give up hope. Both 'Leave it to Beaver' and 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' are now back on track after years of non-activity, so anything is possible.
Check out our where are they now update for the scoop on the stars behind the show that was -- trivia alert -- co-created by Whitney Blake, the mother of 'Family Ties' star Meredith Baxter (and based on Blake's experiences as a single mom).
Bonus: I didn't realize that One Day at a Time was based on the life of Meredith Baxter's family.
On June 9, Sony will release The Norman Lear Collection, a 19-disc set that will include the first seasons of the shows that Norman Lear did over the years, including All in the Family, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, Maude, One Day At A Time, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, and Good Times. The set will include lots of bonus material, including new interviews with people like Rob Reiner and Jimmie Walker, along with the two unseen pilots for All in the Family, Those Were The Days and And Justice For All (in the original pilot, the Bunkers' last name was actually Justice).
Bertinelli has just been signed to star in a TBS sitcom as a mother of two. Good lord, One Day at a Time was more than thirty years ago! By my estimations that would make her ... let's see, she was a teenager then ... yes I know you can find her birthday easy enough online ... cross-reference how much hotter she was than Mackenzie Phillips ... then carry Schneider's creepy factor of 9.5 and you get ... one hundred and thirty two years old! Amazing! She doesn't look a day over forty-eight. I've gotta find that spring.
We seem to be in the middle of a Valerie Bertinelli renaissance.
First Bertinelli signed up with Jenny Craig and is the new spokesperson (bye-bye Kirstie Alley), then she became a correspondent for Rachael Ray, then she released a memoir, and then she made the inevitable appearance on Oprah. She was also on Larry King Live earlier this week and when he asked her if she would like to do a talk show, she didn't say "hey, I already have one!" but that must have been the case, because she has one. Bertinelli has signed with CBS to develop a new talk show for the 2009-10 season.
First she lost all that weight on Jenny Craig, and now she might gain it all back.
Actress Valerie Bertinelli is joining Rachael Ray. She'll be a celebrity content buddy, doing stories about food and family and being a working mom. Her first show will be tomorrow, October 23. Bertinelli will report from New Orleans, where she'll give women a guide to Monday Night Football and cook gumbo.
I've always liked Bertinelli. It's about time she's back on television in some way. I hope she gets her own series. Something tells me that she'll be more likable than Ray on her appearances on the show, though "celebrity content buddy" has to be one of the most annoying titles I've ever heard.
Valerie Bertinelli, who many remember as Barbara Cooper on One Day at a Time, is publishing her first book, a memoir titled Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time. The book will focus on Bertinelli's life as a young TV star, and her battles with weight gain and depression.
Bertinelli also appeared on Touched by an Angel and is currently a spokesperson for Jenny Craig.
Honestly, I think she looks a lot better with a little extra weight. Not that my five year old self didn't pine for the younger, skinnier Bertinelli when she was on One Day at a Time, but I don't likes m' ladies to be all skin and bones, you know? Of course you do.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Times Lydia Martin Proved She Is Better Than You
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: 'A' is Unmasked at Prom
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Recap: Ramona and Bethenny Argue at Sonja's Fashion Show
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- More From BuddyTV
- First Impression: Fear the Walking Dead
- Playing House: Maggie Gets a 'Real, Live Human Family' in Season 2
- Stitchers Finale: Emma Ishta Talks [Spoiler]'s Uncertain Fate in Season 2
- Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Shonda Rhimes on 'Rebirth' for Meredith, 'Exciting New Romances' for Callie and Arizona
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Undercover Brother
- More From TVLine
- Woman Claiming to Be the Real 'Cookie' From 'Empire' Files $300 Million Lawsuit
- James Corden and Demi Lovato Celebrate Everyday Heroes With Singing Telegrams!
- First 'Deadpool' Trailer Is the Bloody NSFW Masterpiece Everyone Was Hoping For
- Vin Diesel is Among the 3 Highest-Paid Actors in the World
- Celebrity Breakups 2015
- More From ET