We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 14 Performance Rankings
- August 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: NeNe's New Gig, Kristen's Marriage and All-New 'Wives
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan O'Brien and Shelley Hennig Tease a Rocky Future for Stiles and Malia
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Team America's 4th Mission
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2 Takes Much Bigger Chomp Out of Ratings, Up 180% Vs. Original
- Emmys Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Drama?
- TVLine Items: SNL Alum Visits B99, Scandal, CSI Castings and More
- Rectify Sneak Peek: See What Inspires Amantha to Scream 'Eff That!'
- Girls Courts Spike Jonze for Guest-Starring Role in Season 4
- More From TVLine
- Lady Gaga: My Clothes Have a Soul and I Can See It
- Katy Perry Celebrates the Good Life in Trippy 'This Is How We Do' Video
- Watch Brody Jenner Smack a Man For Touching Kendall Jenner's Butt
- Anne Geddes Adorable Babies Are Heading ‘Under the Sea'
- Get Your First Look at Disney's 'Into the Woods'!
- More From ET