We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Interview: Co-creators Discuss Delphine's 'Conundrum' and the Threat Rachel Still Poses
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From Gotham, Game of Thrones, iZombie and More
- The Voice Outtakes: Reba Coaches 'the Poot' Out of the Top 12
- Jonathan Crombie, Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables, Dead at 48
- Eye Candy Cancelled at MTV
- Post Mortem: Orphan Black Boss on Helena's Pal, Mean Delphine & More
- More From TVLine