We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- 'Wayward Pines' Recap: Things Get Even Weirder and A Main Character is Killed Off
- Meet the Cast of 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance'
- More From BuddyTV
- Red Nose Day on NBC: Best and Worst Moments
- Wayward Pines Recap: Rules Are Rules!
- TVLine Items: Mimi Rogers to Evil Dead, BoJack Return Date Set and More
- Major Crimes Spinoff S.O.B. Isn't Moving Forward, Says TNT Boss
- Hannibal Season 3 Trailer: Dr. & Mrs. (!) Lecter 'Want to Have You for Dinner'
- More From TVLine