We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Cougar Town: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons With the Cul-de-Sac Crew
- Henry Simmons Talks S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Captain America 2 Flashbacks, Mack vs. Coulson and Lucy Lawless' Encore
- Last Man on Earth Bloopers: Bovine Bodily Functions, Will Forte Phones It In
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ron Burgundy, Monkey Lovin' and 13 Other Highlights
- Castle Hints More at Beckett's Future — Plus: Watch RySpo 'Get Lucky'
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Vikings': Ragnar and Floki Aren't on the Same Page After Dramatic Death
- Julianne Moore Dropped from Turkish Tourism Ad for 'Poor Acting'?!
- Ryan Reynolds Shows Off His 'Deadpool' Muscles with an Adorable Young Fan
- Scott Eastwood: ‘I Was Turned On' While Having Onscreen Sex
- Nicki Minaj Gets a Marriage Proposal from a Very Hot Royal
- More From ET