We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.20 Photos: Hanna Enters a Beauty Pageant
- 'The 100' Recap: Will Bellamy Get Into Mount Weather?
- 'Arrow' Recap: Laurel Lance Defends Starling City as Black Canary
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'The Bin of Skin'
- 'American Idol' Recap: A San Francisco Letdown
- More From BuddyTV
- Post Mortem: The 100 EP, Stars on Bellamy & Lincoln's 'Conflict'— Plus: Who Won't Make It to the City of Light?
- Arrow Recap: Black-and-Blue Canary
- Nashville Pics: Rayna & Her Girls Pack The Bluebird, Deacon Gets a Visitor
- American Idol Recap: Stop and Frisco
- Supergirl Scoop: Jimmy Olsen to Be Played by Desperate Housewives Alum
- More From TVLine