We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- You're the Worst Finale Post Mortem: EP Talks Gretchen's Major Move, Downplays Lindsay's Big D
- Satisfaction Finale Post Mortem: EP Addresses Cliffhanger Concerns, Reveals Ideas for Season 2
- Rush Finale Recap: Very Bad Medicine
- TNT Orders 1970s-Set 'Cocaine' Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- Castle's Season 7 Premiere: 12 Teasers
- More From TVLine
- Best 'Braveheart' William Wallace Tweets About Scotland's Decision to Stay with U.K.
- First Look at Lifetime's 'Aaliyah' Movie
- 20 Years Later And We Still Love You 'ER'!
- Tea Leoni On What It Takes To Play 'Madam Secretary'
- Rosie O'Donnell Feuding With Mayim Bialik For Not Loving Disney's 'Frozen'
- More From ET