We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 7 Photos: Things Get Icy
- 'The Voice' Season 7: Meet Gwen Stefani's Team
- 'Chicago Fire': 11 Epic Shayveride Moments
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 3 Performance Rankings
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 15 Surprising and Unwanted Developments from 'The Kindred'
- More From BuddyTV
- Mistresses' Alyssa Milano: I Won't Be Returning for Season 3
- ABC Family, HBO and MTV Lead GLAAD's Annual LGBT Inclusion Study; CW Has No Regular LGBT Characters
- MTV's Happyland: Is New Comedy Worth the Price of Admission?
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Risky Business
- The Voice Recap: The Curious Case of Un-Pushed Buttons [Updated]
- More From TVLine