We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- 'Bones' Episode 10.7 Photos: Booth Has More Issues With Aubrey
- More From BuddyTV
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- Tori Spelling Breaks Down After Seeing Her Ex-Husband
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'
- 'The Talk' Cast Looks Unrecognizable in Their Halloween Costumes
- More From ET