We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Tomorrow People' Fall Finale Photos: 'Death's Door'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 18 Premiere Photos: Juan Pablo's Journey Begins
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Sacred Taking'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'The Scientist'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Recap: Marge and In Charge
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The X Factor' Top 6 results: Did Ellona Santiago, Rion Paige, Carlito Olivero go home?
- 'Community' Season 5 guest stars: Who is the most-anticipated?
- 'The Sound of Music Live!' live blog: Carrie Underwood, Stephen Moyer take the stage
- 'Doctor Who' Christmas special: The Doctor spanks his 'girlfriend' Clara - Watch
- 'Beauty and the Beast': Tom Everett Scott to recur in 2014
- More From Zap2it
- Glee Recap: 'That Was the Most Sacrilegious and Profane Horror Show I Have Ever Seen'
- Was Sound of Music Live! Music to Your Ears?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Sister Attacked
- The X Factor Top 6 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Acts Go Home This Week?
- Sleepy Hollow's Orlando Jones on Capt. Irving's Secret: 'It's Not What You're Expecting'
- More From TVLine