We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- NBC Eyes Modern Brides of Dracula Drama from Greg Berlanti, Glee Vet
- Report: Game of Thrones Snags Borgias Vet for Pivotal Season 6 Role
- Mindy Project Season 4 Photos: Meet the Lahiris (and Mindy's New Man)
- CBS, Gloria Allred Team for Legal Drama Inspired by Firebrand Attorney
- Girl Meets World Reels in Shark Tank's Mark Cuban for Season 2 Guest Spot
- More From TVLine
- How Ellen Page Taught Julianne Moore About the Pains of Being Closeted
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Shocking Waist Training Pic: 'Once You Try It You Will Become Obsessed!'
- Rachel Platten Sings 'Fight Song' With Inspiring 7-Year-Old Cancer Patient
- EXCLUSIVE: Behind-the-Scenes With the 'Code Black' Stars in Medical Boot Camp!
- Kanye West's VMA Speech Re-cut as a Stand-up Comedy Set Works Astonishingly Well
- More From ET