July 23, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted May 22nd 2008 4:23PM
You think winning two Oscars would earn you some respect, right? What about a Tony and Emmy winner? No, apparently not -- in either case. Two high-profile TV movies which feature Jessica Lange and Mary-Louise Parker are being broadcast -- unceremoniously -- over the next three Saturday nights on CBS. Yes, they are essentially being dumped. The Nielsen numbers for programs on Saturday nights is next to nothing. By running Sybil and Vinegar Hill, these stars' respective films on that night of the week, CBS is showing no faith in them, let alone TV movies in general. I guess Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are the exception to the rule.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Top 16 Dance and 2 Go Home
- More From BuddyTV
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- Arrow Season 3: Scoop on Roy's New Role, Sara's Status, the Baby and More
- TVLine Items: CSI: Cyber Adds 'Fat Neil,' Top Model Moves and More
- Resurrection Casts Michelle Fairley as [Spoiler]'s 'Returned' Mother
- More From TVLine
- Dakota Johnson is Covering Up Today Before Showing Skin in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Tomorrow
- A Look Back at Batman On Film Through The Years
- Exclusive First Look: 'Outlander' Stars Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan Get Cozy
- Watch Blake Lively Get Snippy with 'Vogue' While Decorating Cupcakes
- Chrissy Teigen Joins the Blonde Lob Club
- More From ET