November 20, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted May 22nd 2008 4:23PM
You think winning two Oscars would earn you some respect, right? What about a Tony and Emmy winner? No, apparently not -- in either case. Two high-profile TV movies which feature Jessica Lange and Mary-Louise Parker are being broadcast -- unceremoniously -- over the next three Saturday nights on CBS. Yes, they are essentially being dumped. The Nielsen numbers for programs on Saturday nights is next to nothing. By running Sybil and Vinegar Hill, these stars' respective films on that night of the week, CBS is showing no faith in them, let alone TV movies in general. I guess Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are the exception to the rule.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 10 'Supernatural' Characters Who Need to Return
- 'Arrow': 19 Moments of Obsession, Pain, Romance and Evil from 'Draw Back Your Bow'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Suspects: Who Killed Sam?
- [Video] 'Covert Affairs' Exclusive Clip: Joan and Ryan Team Up to Find Auggie
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 15 Devastating Moments for Jax in 'Suits of Woe'
- More From BuddyTV
- HTGAWM's Tom Verica on Playing Dead, Kissing Bonnie and Snapping That Sexy, Shirtless Selfie
- Secrets and Lies First Look: ABC's New Ryan Phillippe Drama Unveils Killer Promo #WhoKilledTom
- Austin & Ally Sneak Peek: Season Finale Springs a Big Surprise.... Twice
- TVLine Items: Jon Hamm Returns to Parks, TV Land Pulls Cosby and More
- SNL's December Hosts: James Franco, Martin Freeman and Amy Adams
- More From TVLine
- 'The Graduate' Director Mike Nichols Passes Away at 83
- Rob Kardashian Is Selling Onesies Now
- Golden Retriever Epically Fails During Dog Show, Wins All Our Hearts in the Process
- Sean Hayes Marries Longtime Partner After 8 Years of Dating
- Whoopi Goldberg Breaks Down Sobbing Over Director Mike Nichols' Death
- More From ET