It's a busy time for Oprah Winfrey's new cable network as OWN announces several executive staffing changes and that Carson Kressley and Cat Cora are developing new shows with the network.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, John MacDonald, formerly of MTV Networks, has been appointed COO/Executive VP Programming and Digital. He will report to CEO Christina Norman, who said that he "will be instrumental as we prepare for OWN's launch and the future of the network."
Fashion maven Kressley ('True Beauty') and celebrity chef Cora ('Iron Chef America') will be starring in lifestyle transformation or makeover shows for the fledgling network, which will "be devoted to self-discovery, to connecting you to your best self and to the world."
In other news, Martha Stewart is following in the steps of Oprah and leaving daytime syndication for a cable deal. Her new show is slated to run on the Hallmark Channel and the network will also run Martha-owned programming after her own show. This can be taken as a sign of the diminishing power of network television as well as the increasing power of Martha Stewart.
The question we must really ask is: if Martha and Oprah combined into one entity that consumed all of daytime television, what would that entity be called? Marah? Optha? The All-Consuming Beast?
According to Reuters, Oprah Winfrey has decided to celebrate her talk show's 25th anniversary in 2011 with a bang -- by ending it.
The sad news for devotees of She Who Makes Books Bestsellers was announced by her production company, Harpo Inc., on Thursday.
In a statement posted on the Web sites of several TV station affiliates that air the show, Harpo president Tim Bennett said Winfrey would make the official announcement on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' on Fri., Nov. 20.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Refresher: Where Did the Show Leave Off?
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'There's No Place Like Home'
- 11 Times 'The 100' Gave Me Nightmares
- 6 Reasons to Watch 'The Americans' Season 3
- 'Suits' Interview: Sarah Rafferty on Louis' Rage, Collateral Damage, Fun Flashback and More!
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: A Most Devious Return, J.K. Simmons' SNL Promos and More
- Grey's Anatomy: Shonda Rhimes on MerDer's 'Intense' Obstacles, Two Docs''Wonderful Journey' and More
- Budweiser's 'Lost Dog' Super Bowl Ad Reunites the Puppy and Horse in 2015
- Ratings: Special CSI Hits Season Highs, Agent Carter and CW Dramas Dip
- RuPaul's Drag Race Shakes Up Judges' Panel — Watch the Season 7 Trailer!
- More From TVLine
- Newlyweds Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Show Some Serious PDA Courtside
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Arrow' Is Plotting Another Suicide Squad Episode – and Your Favorites Are Back!
- Chrissy Teigen Is Naked and Covered in Milk – But It's Not What You Think
- Gabrielle Union Recasts 'Bring It On' With Keke Palmer for a Younger Generation
- 'Arrow': Is Laurel in Over Her Head? Katie Cassidy on 'Jaw-Dropping' Canary Twists!
- More From ET