It's a busy time for Oprah Winfrey's new cable network as OWN announces several executive staffing changes and that Carson Kressley and Cat Cora are developing new shows with the network.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, John MacDonald, formerly of MTV Networks, has been appointed COO/Executive VP Programming and Digital. He will report to CEO Christina Norman, who said that he "will be instrumental as we prepare for OWN's launch and the future of the network."
Fashion maven Kressley ('True Beauty') and celebrity chef Cora ('Iron Chef America') will be starring in lifestyle transformation or makeover shows for the fledgling network, which will "be devoted to self-discovery, to connecting you to your best self and to the world."
In other news, Martha Stewart is following in the steps of Oprah and leaving daytime syndication for a cable deal. Her new show is slated to run on the Hallmark Channel and the network will also run Martha-owned programming after her own show. This can be taken as a sign of the diminishing power of network television as well as the increasing power of Martha Stewart.
The question we must really ask is: if Martha and Oprah combined into one entity that consumed all of daytime television, what would that entity be called? Marah? Optha? The All-Consuming Beast?
According to Reuters, Oprah Winfrey has decided to celebrate her talk show's 25th anniversary in 2011 with a bang -- by ending it.
The sad news for devotees of She Who Makes Books Bestsellers was announced by her production company, Harpo Inc., on Thursday.
In a statement posted on the Web sites of several TV station affiliates that air the show, Harpo president Tim Bennett said Winfrey would make the official announcement on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' on Fri., Nov. 20.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Arrow': 17 Truths, Secrets, Lies and Surprises from 'Corto Maltese'
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- How Nick Jonas Got His Insane 'Hulk-ish' Body: 4,200 Calories a Day!
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- More From ET