The New York Post reported Trump got a raise from NBC, bringing his and producer Mark Burnett's earnings to a staggering $160 million. Trump would reportedly pocket $65 million a year.
However, NBC is firing back at the report.
"The financial information reported today in regards to 'The Celebrity Apprentice' is grossly inaccurate and has been significantly overstated," the network said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter. "While it is our policy to keep financial information strictly confidential, neither the production costs of the show nor what Mr. Trump makes personally is in the realm of reality. Donald Trump and 'The Apprentice' franchise remain a key part of the NBC primetime lineup and we are looking forward to another compelling cycle next season."
In other TV news ...
Call it a knockout. Maybe refer to it as a one-two punch of dramatic goodness. Whatever boxing pun you choose, 'Lights Out' is exactly that -- lights out fantastic.
Picking up five years after heavyweight champ Patrick "Lights" Leary was knocked out in the last round and forced into retirement, we find Lights struggling with money, health and family issues, and possibly considering a comeback.
And who doesn't love a comeback? Stars Holt McCallany, Pablo Schreiber and Stacy Keach stepped in the ring to tell me about their new FX show (premieres Tues., Jan. 11, 10PM ET).
I am familiar with Elisabeth Moss who played the female rookie officer, though more for her work on Mad Men than The West Wing. She's one of those girls who isn't classically beautiful and because of that can play both the pretty girl when done up and the mousy girl when needed. For this installment she is cast in the latter role and put opposite the towering Stephen R. Hart as a serial killer named "The Eater." He doesn't even have to be anything more than his 6'11" in height and he's scary as all hell, but with the teeth and make-up added here, he's downright terrifying.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- 'The Messengers' Premiere Recap: Angels Among Us
- 'Arrow': Our 10 Favorite Roy Harper Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Last Man and Cristela Finales Tick Down, Messengers Opens Low
- Performer of the Week: Ming-Na Wen
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- More From TVLine
- Erin Andrews' NHL Player Boyfriend Arrested in Las Vegas
- Zayn Malik Thanks One Direction at Asian Awards: 'Four of the Best Guys I've Ever Met'
- David Beckham Insta-Bombs Son Brooklyn's Big Announcement
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- Sofia Vergara Refutes Ex-Fiance's Claims She Wanted Frozen Embryos Destroyed
- More From ET