The New York Post reported Trump got a raise from NBC, bringing his and producer Mark Burnett's earnings to a staggering $160 million. Trump would reportedly pocket $65 million a year.
However, NBC is firing back at the report.
"The financial information reported today in regards to 'The Celebrity Apprentice' is grossly inaccurate and has been significantly overstated," the network said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter. "While it is our policy to keep financial information strictly confidential, neither the production costs of the show nor what Mr. Trump makes personally is in the realm of reality. Donald Trump and 'The Apprentice' franchise remain a key part of the NBC primetime lineup and we are looking forward to another compelling cycle next season."
In other TV news ...
Call it a knockout. Maybe refer to it as a one-two punch of dramatic goodness. Whatever boxing pun you choose, 'Lights Out' is exactly that -- lights out fantastic.
Picking up five years after heavyweight champ Patrick "Lights" Leary was knocked out in the last round and forced into retirement, we find Lights struggling with money, health and family issues, and possibly considering a comeback.
And who doesn't love a comeback? Stars Holt McCallany, Pablo Schreiber and Stacy Keach stepped in the ring to tell me about their new FX show (premieres Tues., Jan. 11, 10PM ET).
I am familiar with Elisabeth Moss who played the female rookie officer, though more for her work on Mad Men than The West Wing. She's one of those girls who isn't classically beautiful and because of that can play both the pretty girl when done up and the mousy girl when needed. For this installment she is cast in the latter role and put opposite the towering Stephen R. Hart as a serial killer named "The Eater." He doesn't even have to be anything more than his 6'11" in height and he's scary as all hell, but with the teeth and make-up added here, he's downright terrifying.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' says goodbye to Katherine: Watch her best moments
- Amy Sedaris joins Jane Krakowski's FOX comedy pilot 'Dead Boss'
- 'The Flash': 'Arrow' spinoff casts Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- 'Blue Bloods': Killed couple's daughter seeks revenge
- 'Grimm' Season 3: Reggie Lee discusses 'Mommy Dearest' shocker and Wu's first name reveal
- More From Zap2it
- True Detective's 9 Most Profound Pieces of Wisdom, As Told By Cats
- What to Watch This Weekend: Dunham Does SNL, True Detective's Case Closed and 8 Premieres
- Pilot News: Dave Annable, Chuck Alum and Enlisted Star Are Among the Latest Castings
- Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following
- Pilot Scoop: One Tree Hill's Robert Buckley Returns to The CW in Rob Thomas' iZombie
- More From TVLine